Chapter 39 : Double Date Part 1

Elsa:

"Just hold still, will you?"

"Ah! That hurts!"

"Let me just look at it!"

"Look at it?! You're touching it already and it hurts!"

"Come on. You're a man so, man up! It's just a bruise."

"Ouch! Leave it alone. It's fine!"

"No it's not. You look like you got punched in the eye."

"I did get punched in the eye. BY A SNOWBALL."

Well, that's what I get for helping the Guardian of Fun with his bruise. Yes, I know it was sort of my fault, but at least I'm trying to help him.

"You need to put some ice on that." I suggested.

"What good would it do? I won't feel it." Jack responded with an annoyed stare.

"Uhm. It's not for you. It's for the bruise." I waved my hand to 'get some ice.'

Jack didn't say a word as he let me put the ice on his eye. After the few seconds he took over, holding the ice himself.

"You mad?" I asked as I sat beside him on the edge of my bed.

"No."

"Then, why are you acting like that?"

"Because, my eye hurts." He pouted.

I giggled at his annoyed face. "Hey, you still look cute with a bruise." I say with a smirk.

"You're messing with me. You just told me that I looked like a was punched in the eye."

"Yeah. But in a cute way."

"Huh? Just cute?" He asked, waiting for a follow up compliment.

"And handsome, of course. Happy?" I teased.

"Yeah. Happy." Jack smiled childishly, removing the ice from his eye.

"We better go to sleep." I insisted.

"It's still early. We could build a snowman or something." Jack said as he stood up from the bed.

"Jack?" I called, making 'the eyebrow'.

"What? We could make snowcastles too."

"Jaaaack?"

"Or maybe little snow statues!"

"Jack!"

He finally stopped talking and looked at me.

"That's enough fun for one day. We still have the castle to ourselves for tomorrow. We could do those then, but for now, let's sleep."

"But..."

"Jack, come on. If you don't want to go to sleep, I'll take a 'look' at that bruise of yours again." I say with an evil grin. Slightly evil. I'm not evil.

"But, I don't wanna go to sleep. I don't need it." He backed away from the bed.

"Fine. I was supposedly gonna let you sleep next to me but, I see that you don't 'need' it so..." I slowly tucked myself in and waited for Jack's response.

"Okay, okay. I'll sleep next to you. Stop tempting me." Jack grumbled.

"Don't do anything crazy or I swear you won't hear the end of it." I said as I moved to my side of the bed.

"I won't. I'll stay above the covers if you want." He chuckled.

"Under the covers would be fine. Just don't do anything... uhm... unnecessary."