Chapter 47 : Icy Dilemma

Rapunzel:

"Just one more daaaaay~!" I shouted on the top of the morning.

"Huh? What?" Eugene mumbled.

"I said, just one more day! Well, two, actually. Today and tomorrow! But we'll be there tomorrow so, ONE MORE DAAAAAY~!" I squealed, getting out of bed. I was just so thrilled to meet Elsa and Anna. I want to do girly stuff with them and go play in the snow.

"Oh! I see. That explains why you're being loud. I expect more for tomorrow?" Eugene teased.

"Yep. Ready your ears for that and when we get there you better run for cover." I laughed.

"You really are on the top of your game, huh?" Eugene said as he got out of bed as well. I was about to respond to him when I felt really dizzy. I ran out the room and positioned myself to the edge of the boat and did something 'unprincess-like'." I threw up.

"Are you okay?!" Eugene rushed beside me, then assisted me back to our room.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just one of those morning sicknesses a woman gets from pregnancy." I sighed.

"It's gonna be over soon, right? Mom said that the morning sickness doesn't last long." Eugene said worriedly.

"Yup. It might be over in a month or two." I sat down the bed and composed myself. I was still dizzy from the morning sickness and now the motion of the boat makes me feel sick. "Eugene, can you call for Mom?" I said weakly.

"Of course, I'll be right back. Stay here." He said heading out the door. "Pascal, take care of Rapunzel. Call me if there's something wrong." He instructed Pascal who was on the table by the door.

I saw Pascal make a salute and Eugene was off. Oh my head.

Eugene:

I went searching for Queen Primrose like Rapunzel asked. I knocked on their bedroom door, hoping that they're already awake.

King Thomas answered the door. Now almost all people say that the father-in-law is scary but, in my case, he's the sweetest and most caring father and husband ever. Even father-in-law ever.

"Is there anything I can do for you, son?" He asked.

"Not for me, for Rapunzel, actually. She's asking for her mother." I responded.

Queen Primrose immediately went to her husband's beside and asked, "Morning sickness?"

I simply nodded and she rushed to her daughters' room, our room actually. While the two ladies were dealing with the lady stuff, I was left with King Thomas.

"You know, Eugene. At first I didn't trust you but now that I can see how much you love our daughter, I don't see a reason to doubt you anymore. You have proven yourself and I placed my daughter in your capable hands. Hurt her and I will do unspeakable things to you." He glared at me.

I swear I was sweating profusely but then he chuckled. "I'm just kidding with the unspeakable things part. Just don't hurt my daughter, please. She's the only one we have." King Thomas said with eyes full of sorrow.

"Don't worry, Your Majesty. I won't hurt Rapunzel. I won't even say that it's the last thing I'll ever do because I will never hurt her, ever. I love her more than riches. I love her than myself. I am willing to sacrifice my life for her like I did once before. You have completely nothing to worry about." I explained.

"Good." He smiled. "By the way, you can call me Dad. Don't be shy. We're family now. Now go to Rapunzel, she might need you. I've got some other things to do." He smiled once more and closed the door behind him.