Chapter 18 : Danger is Lurking

Elsa:

After we discussed some matters, I looked for Kai, leaving Jack and the others behind.

I went outside, to the courtyard, and found him feeding Sven.

"Kai." I called to him.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" He said in response.

"I want you to tell the guards to keep alert at all times. We are about to face powerful enemies. And please, don't let this information get to the townspeople. They might panic. I will tell them when the time comes." I ordered.

"Of course, Queen Elsa. I will tell the guards this instant." He bowed and left.

I went near Sven and patted him on the head.

"Hey there little fellow. You miss Kristoff, don't you?" I said, giggling.

This is ridiculous. I'm talking to a reindeer.

"Hi Elsa!" Olaf greeted.

"Hi Olaf. Are you alright here with Sven?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah. But I miss hanging out with you guys." He said as he frowned.

"I'm sorry, Olaf. Things are getting busy around here. But once we defeat this new enemy we are about to face, we'll hang out again." I said to my little creation.

"Oh, Okay!" Olaf said cheerfully.

I simply smiled at his remark and continued to pat Sven as I fed him Arendelle's finest carrots.

"I never knew you had a thing for 'pets'." Jack suddenly said.

"Jack! You startled me!" I jumped at him. He was leaning on his staff, his eyes gleaming with amusement as his charming little smirk is written across his lovely face.

God! He looks hot! Wait, what??

"I'm sorry, Ice Queen." Jack said as he laughed.

"So, do you have something to tell me?" I asked him assuming that he must be here for a reason.

"I wanted to see you before I leave."

"Wha-? Leave?" I couldn't believe what I heard. Disappointment...No. Sadness rather, started to fill my eyes with tears.

Why am I crying?

"Yeah. I'm heading back to the Pole. Just for today. I'll be back later tonight. I'll be here for dinner, I promise. Don't cry, Elsa." Jack tried to console me.

"I don't even know why I'm crying but I'm sad that you're leaving." I muttered softly as I wiped my tears.

"Aww. Come here." Jack gave me a tight hug. "I'll be back soon, I promise." He whispered.

His voice was soft and calming. I could listen to it everyday.

"But, if you don't arrive in time for dinner, I will freeze you. And I won't thaw the ice for an hour." I grumbled as I pulled away from him.

Jack laughed. "Don't worry, Ice Queen. I'll make it in time." He said in between his laughter.

"You better."

"You're cute when you're upset." Jack said, gently cupping my cheek.

I was blushing really hard as he told me that I was cute, also the fact that his hand is on my cheek is making it 'worse'.

Get it together, Elsa. You don't want to embarrass yourself, do you?

"I uh-" I ran out of words.