Chapter 37 : Go with the Flow

Elsa:

I fluttered my eyes open. I looked around and Jack still wasn't here. I checked the kitchen, the study, the dining room, conference room, library. But, there was no sign of him.

It was already morning. Where is he?

I went to the courtyard to find it empty. It was still covered in snow. I got myself busy by thawing the 'winter' in the courtyard.

"So, does this mean that the fun's over?" A familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Jack perched up on his staff.

"Jack!" I stopped whatever it was I was doing and ran up to him. He perched down with arms open wide.

I threw myself at him. He hugged me tight in his arms. I looked up at him. He flashed me a warm smile. I returned the favor by smiling back.

"I delivered every invitation just like you ordered, Ice Queen." He said with a chuckle.

"And the letter for Corona?" I say with a tone of authority.

"Ah. I delivered it alright. But, something happened." Jack said swinging his staff like a sword in his hand.

"What happened?" I asked as I held his arm.

"Well, your plan worked." He said with a grin. "They saw me when they touched the invitation and read the quote."

"Really?"

"Yeah. They even talked to me. I told them that you were my girlfriend." Jack said proudly.

"You did?" I said in disbelief. My plan actually worked. Ha! But I don't think Jack telling them about us is a good thing.

"Yeah. They were quite shocked but there were no violent reactions, whatsoever. Which is good, right?" Jack asked as he had his staff lean on his shoulder.

"I guess." I chuckled nervously. "What else did you talk about?"

"Nothing much. I pretty much just left after that."

"Oh. You hungry? I can make us some breakfast?" I offered.

"Actually, I don't get hungry."

"What? What about when we were going to the North Mountain? You specifically said that you were hungry."

"Well, I just wanted to eat something. I don't get hungry. I'm a spirit, remember?" He said chuckling.

I'm a spirit, remember... His words echoed through my head and I remembered the things that I was worrying about last night. The possible marriage... the future kids...

"Elsa? You okay?" Jack said waving his fingers at me.

"Huh? Yeah. I just remembered something."

Jack:

Elsa seemed a little off after me telling her that I wasn't hungry.

"I can still eat what you make, you know. I'm just saying that I don't get hungry." I say to her, hoping it'll make her feel better.

"No, it's not that." She said, looking away.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing you have to worry about." She said lowly.

"Elsa, seriously. What is it?"

"I said nothing. Okay?!" She glared, frost started to spread from her feet.

"Woah. Calm down, Ice Queen." I say nervously.

"It's your fault I'm not calm!" She shouted then she stormed into the castle.