Chapter 23 : The Shield

Elsa:

As Jack was protecting us, I protected Anna from the Nightmares who started to attack us.

I shot ice and snow from my hands keeping Anna safe from harm.

"Elsaaaaaaa!!!"

Jack's screaming voice made me turn to his direction. I saw something approach me. It was too fast! It's almost near my face!

I gasped.

Someone hugged me. It wasn't Jack, It wasn't Anna. I stood there looking at Jack and Anna's faces, they were horrified.

What happened? Who is this?

Hans:

As Pitch was busy fighting with Jack, I had some time to reflect.

It's probably too late for me to change the damage that I've done. Too late to fix everything. I want to change. But I fear that I'm too late.

I looked up and saw Pitch creating a crossbow and started shooting at Jack, who counterattacked with a snow barrier. My keen observing eyes noticed that a spike got through.

I hurriedly dismounted from the Nightmare that Pitch gave me and ran to Elsa's direction.

"Elsaaaaaaa!!!" I heard Jack scream.

The spike was aiming directly at Elsa. I ran towards her and hugged her. My back facing the incoming spike and...

It pierced my back, hitting my heart. I hugged Elsa tight as I felt the pain and the blood gushing out of my body.

"Queen E-Elsa, I'm so s-sorry. I..." I coughed and blood came out of my mouth. "I-I hope that with this. I m-made th-things right..." My voice was trailing off. I was dying. I fell down on my knees.

"Hans!" I could hear Elsa scream, but it was faint. "You didn't have to do this!"

"I had to." I replied

"Why??"

"To make things right. I-I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"You're forgiven, Hans. I'm sorry. We're sorry." Elsa started to cry.

"Thank you... Aagh!" My wound was too painful. I lost too much blood. My eyes started to close. My hearing, faint. My hands and feet, body, numb. The last thing I felt was, me, collapsing to the ground.

"Hans... Thank you." I heard Anna whisper.

I couldn't bring myself to speak. I took one last breath. As I exhaled........

Pitch:

"Aww. How... stupid!" I said, looking how Hans sacrificed his life for that Queen.

"You call that stupid?!" The princess, Anna, shouted.

"Yes, you have a problem with that?"

"Yeah. A BIG problem. What Hans did was heroic! Despite what he did before, he risked his life for Elsa!"

"You call that heroic?! That was pathetic. He could've succeeded and yet he turned his back on me." I told the annoying Princess.

"No, Anna's right." Elsa said, straight faced. "What Hans did was heroic. You just can't accept the fact that he turned his back on you."

"How dare you?!" I struck her with my powers but she defended herself using an ice shield.

"No, Pitch. How dare you!" She said as she pushed the shield forward knocking me down.

What is happening? I was getting weaker. My Nightmares are turning to gold.

Don't they fear me anymore?

"It's over, Pitch." North said approaching me. "We win."

"No, this isn't over!" I protested. "There will always be FEAR!"

"But, we can always help people overcome that fear." The tooth fairy answered.

"People fear me! I will be back! You will bow down to me!"

"Never. We will always win against you." Jack Frost said. "We may believe in you, but we no longer fear you."

"No! You will fear me!!!" I ran away from them as fast as I could and disappeared into the shadows.

I failed, I failed again. I locked myself up in my lair. Anguish and Fear inside me. I don't stand a chance against them.

I give up.

Sorry for the short chapter my lovelies. Don't worry, i'm working on the next one right now. I might be posting it tomorrow or later today. Thanks for reading my little snowflakes! ❄️ comment/vote, your choice! Ü ~karyned23