Chapter 41 : Elsa and Anna

Elsa:

"Here we are." I announced as we approached the foot of my castle.

Jack settled us down. He looks awful tired. "Sorry." I told him.

"Hold on. Give me a minute." He said as he took a few moments to catch his breath. "Okay, I'm fine. I guess I'll leave you two ladies to your business now."

"Thank you, Jack." Anna said as she hugged him.

"Woah. What's this for?" Jack chuckled. "You're welcome." He said eyeing on me.

It made me blush a bit. Anna pulled away and Jack made his way towards me. "I'll fetch you up tomorrow at lunch. Don't forget." He reminded as he kissed me out of the blue. "See you then, Ice Queen."

I pulled him in for just one more kiss and said, "See you soon, Frosty."

"Okay. Go on now. Leave me and my sister alone." Anna shooed playfully.

"Yes, yes. I'm leaving." He said, playing along. "Have fun ladies!"

I watched Jack fly away until he was no longer in sight. "So, let's go inside then."

Marshmallow was sleeping just by the staircase and it seemed rude to wake him up so I just wrote a message in the snow.

'I'm here with Anna. ~Elsa.'

We tiptoed our way up the stairs and opened the doors gently. Once we got in, the sight of my castle was quite relieving.

"You know, I never get tired of looking at your castle. It's just so beautiful. Have you ever thought of throwing a party up here?" Anna asked as she looked around.

"Uhm. No, not really. Since the location is really not that convenient." I chuckled. "And speaking of parties..."

"Yeah? Are we gonna throw one? My birthday's coming up. Just saying because maybe you've forgotten." She said with a sort of awkward smile.

"Yes, we are. But not here. Back at the castle. I've already sent invitations while you were away with Kristoff. Was that okay?" I played with the skirt of my gown, fondling it in between my fingers as I waited for her reply.

"You did?" She gasped. "You remembered..." Tears started to form in her eyes.

I know that I've forgotten about it if it weren't for Aunt Primrose but, Anna was so happy that I remembered her birthday that I didn't bother to correct her.

"Don't cry, Anna." I said, comforting her with a hug.

"I'm just happy that you remembered my birthday even though you never celebrated it with me since I turned 6." Anna cried as she buried her face in my chest.

"Ssshh." I didn't know how else to comfort her until I remembered the short tune that Mama used to sing to us when we cry, complaining about them not spending time with us. I don't remember all the words but I started singing what I could still remember.

(A/N: You can make your own tune. Hehe. Its more like a lullaby...)

"Don't cry little Princess, your Papa and I, loves you. Even though we don't show it much, please know that we always do..." I started humming the tune since I didn't know the lyrics anymore.

"Isn't that what Mama sings to us when we pout at those times that they won't play with us because they were so busy?" Anna asked, looking up at me.

"Yeah." I smiled at her. "I don't remember all the lyrics anymore. Do you?"

"Let me see." She squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to remember the lyrics. "Ah! ...Someday you'll know what it feels like to be ruler of this place. And when that happens you should have a smile written on your face... Okay, now I don't know what comes next." Anna sighed. "I miss Mama and Papa."