Chapter 42 : The Response for the Blessing

Jack:

I woke up in my room. It was silent as usual. I made my way out and was about to knock on Elsa's door when I remembered that she wasn't home.

Yesterday afternoon, I took her and Anna to the North Mountain to bond which reminds me that I had to pick them up at lunch.

I strolled around the castle halls looking for Kristoff's room. He and I had a blast yesterday. Who knew that he didn't get to see the whole castle like I did. He was always with Anna in her room or his room or somewhere in the garden and the stable. But, like me, he never got to see the insides of the castle. So like any adventurous person such as we, we explored the whole palace.

I've only been at the dining hall, the kitchen, the courtyard, the garden, the hallways, the council chamber or what we call conference room and of course Elsa's room and my room and just recently, Kristoff's room. There were a lot more than that. The castle had a throne room, of course. They call it the Great Hall. A portrait room, a ballroom, a chapel. We even stumbled upon the late King and Queen's quarters. There was also a library and a balcony. I've seen the light house and the clock tower when I fly around but I've never been to it. I knew about the stables, just never went there. It was absolutely amazing.

We raced around the castle towers and Kristoff nearly fell. Good thing I caught him. Oh, it was so fun. I hope the ladies had a fun time themselves.

I arrived at Kristoff's room... Wait, this is his room, right? Oh, whatever.

I knocked on the door and was greeted by Kristoff. "Top of the morning, buddy." I greeted.

"Same to you." He said as he stuffed some mountaineering tools in his bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"The North Mountain." He smiled. "I'll go get some ice to sell and then maybe fetch Elsa and Anna. You're coming along."

"Sure, why not? Question though."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Why do you still have to go get some ice from the North Mountain when you can just ask Elsa to make some for you. I mean, she can just do that if you ask."

"Nah. It's not right for me to do that. And its unfair that I get the profit of her work. So I prefer to do things myself so that I would deserve what I earn." Kristoff responded as he grabbed his bag and hung it to his side. "Let's go get Sven and Olaf."

"Oh. I see. Aren't you gonna eat breakfast or something?" I asked.

"I've got carrots. It'll do." He said tapping his bag.

"Whatever you say." I flew around the halls following Kristoff. He sure took his sweet time walking around.

When we arrived outside, we were greeted by Olaf.

"Hi Jack! Hi Kristoff!" He shouted.

"Hey little snowman. How's you and your flurry?" I asked quite playfully.

"We're fine." He giggled. "Hug me? I like warm hugs."

"I could, but I'm cold." I chuckled.

"Aww. That's alright. Hug meeee!" He insisted so, I crouched and hugged him.

"Oooohh. You are cold. I couldn't feel a thing." He laughed.

"Told you." I laughed along with him.

"Hey Jack! Olaf! You coming or what?" Kristoff yelled.

"Come on, Olaf." We flew towards Kristoff and Sven.

"Ready? We like to go fast?" Kristoff informed.