Chapter 1

TRIGGER WARNING IN EFFECT FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THIS STORY! I write multiple scenes of abuse! I know they are not the best written but still, please be safe.

Hey,
it's the author here. I hope you guys enjoy this story. If you finish it, please go check out my other story "Between Light and Darkness".

"Worthless."
A sharp kick to my side.
"Useless."
Punch to the jaw.
"Disobedient."
An empty beer bottle was thrown at my shoulder. I knew not to make a sound. That only made the beatings worse. Gabe walked away and passed out on the couch. I then passed out from the pain.

I should probably tell you who I am. My name is Percy Jackson. I live with my abusive step-father. He killed my mother, Sally Jackson. Gabe stabbed her repeatedly. I am a 16 year old kid who attends Goode High school.

When I came back to reality, the sun was starting to set. I hobbled down the hall to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The reflection showed a depressed kid with unkempt hair and dull sea green eyes. The eyes used to have life.

I cleaned all the glass out of my shoulder and wrapped it up. I cleaned to rest of my bleeding injuries and bandaged them up. I limped to my bedroom and laid in bed. What did I ever do to deserve this? I stayed up an hour trying to figure it out. I never did figure it out. I just thought I'll figure it out later then darkness washed over me.

My alarm clock played Numb by Linkin Park to wake me up. (The song at the top) I rolled over and turned off my alarm, so it wouldn't wake Gabe. Doing so caused a burning/stabbing pain in my shoulder. On top of that, every breath I took felt like knifes stabbing my lungs. Why me? Today was going to be a painful day. I pulled a black hoodie over my black t-shirt with the hood up. I quickly snuck out of the house and sped walked to school.

I didn't notice a black haired boy with an olive skin tone until it was to late. He slammed into my ribcage, knocking me down. I bit my lip to keep from screaming in pain.

"Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going," he said quickly then sped off after a girl that looked a lot like him. His sister maybe.

The day went on as usual. Sit in the back of the class daydreaming. Answer questions when I was called on. I luckily didn't have a panic attack today.

Near the end of the day, my phone vibrated in my pocket. Carefully, so the teacher didn't see I pulled my phone out and looked at it under the desk.

Gabe: Get me some beer before you get home delinquent
Me: Yes sir

I hope they sell it to me was my last thought as the bell rang.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi! My chapters will most likely be about this size. The reason is I use the front and back of 1 piece of college ruled notebook paper for the size of each chapter. Maybe not though! Also, may you please comment constructive criticism?

Bye my puppies!!!

-Doggielover89