Chapter 20

Triton POV:

I slammed the door to my room after hearing my father admit that he cheated on my mother. I was beyond angry. I walked across my room and picked up a photo of me and my father when I was 2. I was on top of his shoulders at the beach. I remember when we took that picture.

It was just me and mom. Tyson wasn't even born yet. We had all decided to go to the beach, because who doesn't want to do that. I was splashing in the waves for a few hours, till I got a nasty sunburn. It probably wasn't actually that bad, but I was 2, give me a break. 

As we packed everything up, mom wanted a picture of me and dad together. I climbed on my dad and did what I thought was an amazing pose and mom took the picture. I remember, I didn't think anything could ever go wrong.

Looking at the photo just made me angry. To be honest, I threw it across my room, shattering the glass. I sat on my bed, hands tangled in my hair. We didn't have any extra rooms in out house for Perseus to even sleep in. 

Around half an hour later, I was called out for dinner. There was pork and broccoli with cheese sauce served up on plates. Tyson sat at the table already eating. Dad was no where to be seen, most likely in his room. Perseus was still on the couch scrolling awkwardly through his phone and Mom was in the kitchen, cleaning her mess.

I sat in my usual seat next to Tyson. He seemed to be having trouble cutting his pork so I grabbed a knife from next to his plate to help him.

"You can't cut that with a fork," I said with a small smile. He let me cut up half his pork before cutting the other half himself. I ate mine at a normal pace before grabbing the car keys.

"Mom, I'm going to go head to a friends house, all right?" I called to her in the kitchen.

"I actually want you to stay here tonight!" she called back. I sighed and put the keys back, heading back to his room. I nearly stepped on broken glass as I went to my closet to grab stuff to take a shower. I cleaned up the glass, so I don't get cut, then I went back to getting ready for a shower.

After my shower, I went on my phone and started taking care of my dragons. I have this game called Flight Rising (real game and I love playing it. It is an online game). I was in the forum section playing Look to Your left. My lamp was now my masseuse. 

I continued playing till I went to bed. Flight Rising, not Look to Your Left. 

***

The next morning, the smell of waffles woke me up. I walked out to the kitchen, looking at the clock on the way. It was 6:45. I needed to start getting ready for work in fifteen minutes. I reached the kitchen and saw my mom cleaning up her mess from breakfast.

"Hey mom," I said. Looking around, I noticed Tyson and Percy were talking softly to each other. Tyson laughed causing me to smile slightly. I looked at Percy, my face forming a glare. He noticed me glaring and somehow managed to smoothly stop the conversation with Tyson.

"Hey sweetie. How did you sleep?" Mom answered, handing me a plate of blueberry waffles. I grabbed the maple syrup  and walked to the table.

"Pretty good, i guess," I said. Ty ran over, begging mom for some waffles. 

"No Tyson, you already had some," she said.

"Please," Tyson begged, folding his hands and giving puppy dog eyes.

"One day, you will grow out of that," Mom said, handing him a plate of food. He happily grabbed it and a for and sat at his seat. Tyson took the syrup that was at my seat and started smothering his waffles.

Percy seemed to be texting someone. He was typing and staring at his phone. He could be doing something else, which was probably more likely.

I laughed at Tyson as I looked back because he had syrup running down his face from how much he put on and was desperately trying to get it off his face. I handed him a napkin and put syrup on my waffles, though it was not as much as Ty put on his. 

After I ate, I went back to my room and got ready for work. I walked out the door, texting one of my coworkers, asking if they could pick me up. 

I got a yes for a response and sat at a nearby gas station and waited. Work was normal throughout the day as well. Nobody got fired, nobody got hired. Everyone stayed in line, and didn't even think about breaking the rules. 

I worked with Michael all day. He had some amazing stories about his kids. He is 25, married with 3 kids. I was happy for him. Before he got this job, he says he was a mess. But our boss helped him get cleaned up and stay cleaned up.

For lunch, I went to a nearby Wendy's where a loud group of teens were sitting. One was...(lists description of Hazel, Frank, Leo, Annabeth, Thalia, Jason, Will, Nico, and Piper). The goth girl punched the blonde guy in the arm for something he said.

Hi my puppies!!!!

So this chapter was thrown in to celebrate the fact that I turned in my final assignment of the year today!! Friday is my last day of school (and is also field day/ a half day) so tomorrow is the last full day of school!!

-Bye my puppies!!!!

-Doggielover89