Chapter 35

Leo POV (Ignore me, I'm really vibing with him right now) :

I was stressed for the rest of the day. I honestly didn't care that Percy was mad at me. He had every right to be. I was an asswhole, and he deserves to be pissed at me. However, I do want him to know how sorry I am. I also knew he had every right to not forgive. And though this will sound selfish, it would give me peace of mind he at least knew I was sorry.

"Mr. Valdez? Do you mind answering the question?" My head snapped up. Oh! Right! I'm still in class.

"Uh...42?" I asked.

"This is history class. Please pay attention, Mr. Valdez." I groaned and went back to spacing out. After what felt like days, the final bell of the day rung. I bolted out into the hall.I wanted to get to the front of the school quickly. Being myself, and not paying attention, I ran into someone. We both were knocked to the ground.

I landed face first on their backpack. I groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing my nose. I heard them sitting up too. I looked, and just my luck, I ran right into Percy. You know, the one person I was trying to make feel better? Yeah, him. As you can tell, this is going swell. 

"Oh my- Are you okay?" I asked him, quickly standing up. I reached out my hand quickly to help him up. He sharply flinched away at my movements. I retracted my hand and opted to start picking up all of the fallen supplies. "Do you need help with anything? I am so sorry. I'm sure this helps your mood soo much. I did not mean to run into you. I should have been paying attention."

To my surprise, Percy started laughing. I stopped my rambling apology short, confused.

"You talk way to much," He said, finally picking himself off the floor. I passed him his backpack. He managed to not spill anything. 

"I- uh- what do you mean? I don't talk that much... I don't think. I mean, I talk about the same amount for a normal person." I was trying to defend myself, but there was no use. 

"I'm pretty sure you just proved my point." We fell into a silence as we walked to the front of the school to leave. As we reached the lawn I stopped him to talk before the rest of our friends got there.

"I'm sorry, about earlier." I said, looking him in the eye, making sure he could tell I was serious.

"Oh, it's fine." He smiled and turned to walk off.

"What?!" I said very confused.

"It's okay. You aren't the first person to run into me, you won't be the last." Percy again smiled and went to walk off.

"That isn't what I'm talking about, though." I went to stand next to him again. I saw him tense up, and all of my nerves from earlier came rushing back. "I'm saying what I did was horrible and I don't expect you to forgive me. I just want you to know that I am very sorry for taking your phone like that, and..." I paused for a moment, trying to figure out the right words here. "And triggering you. I had no right to do that."

Percy didn't look at me the whole time I was talking. When I finished, I decided it was best for me to just walk away. Leave him alone before I could mess up our friendship even more. It was probably already gone, but still.

I decided to walk home instead of having Jason drive me. It gave me a lot of time to think. I didn't even know Percy that well. All I really knew about him was his name and his first period class. But I was able to get him to start talking to me in class. What do I do? Have the friendship blow up in my face. My phone buzzed in my pocket. Taking it out, I saw a text from Piper. 

P (3:30 PM) : Hey, where are you? Also, are you coming to the movies tonight?

L (3:31 PM) : No, I don't think I will be able to. I got a lot of homework to do.

She sent back the thumbs up emoji and let the conversation die. A couple more minutes passed and I got another text, this time from Jason.

J (3:47 PM) : I'm guessing things didn't go to well with Percy?

L (3:47 PM) : Not really. I messed up pretty bad. 

J (3:48 PM) : What did you say to him? I passed him on my way to my car, and he was just standing there, staring at the sidewalk. 

L (3:50 PM) : All I did was apologize. I told him I knew where I went wrong and that I didn't expect him to forgive me. I said that he had every right to be as upset was he was, because I stepped way out of line.

J (3:51 PM) : All right. I hope he talks to you tomorrow.

I thought to myself, Me too. Getting home I just went straight to my room and flopped on my bed. I heard my mom downstairs cooking dinner and watching TV. I pulled out my phone, trying to distract myself for tomorrow. 

Yes I made Leo's mom alive. I didn't want my lil' baby to think he killed him mom. Sorry if y'all don't like it, but I love the idea of Leo growing up as a Momma's Boy. 

Anyway, I'm gonna head to bed, because I am worn the heck out. Goodnight y'all, I love you guys.

EDIT: Just checking something. Sorry, I'm having trouble with wattpad.