Chapter 58

Leo's POV:

I gathered my things as the bell rang, and quickly left the room. I walked down the hall, heading towards the cafeteria. I wasn't expecting to be suddenly shoved into a locker. I coughed, unable to breathe for a couple seconds. 

"Where is your little boyfriend?" someone asked. I waited for my eyes to focus before answering. Once y vision cleared, I saw Chris Rodriguez.

"What?" I asked, confused. 

"Where is your boyfriend?" He repeated, stepping closer to me. 

"Why?" I asked. Chris looked like he was about to punch me, which didn't really help me understand why he needed to find Percy. 

"Because I would like to speak to him," he said. 

"Right..." I said. I got off of the locker and started walking away. "Well, I don't know where he is."

"Call him and find out," Chris said, re-blocking my path. I sighed. 

"No," I said. Chris glared at me.

"Do it, now," He said. I laughed, finding it amusing I managed to get into 2 fights already today. At least, that is where this was heading.

"Why would I want to let you 'speak' with Percy? I'm not stupid," I said. 

"I know it was his fault that Ethan is suspended. Where the hell is he?" I laughed again. 

"It wasn't his fault," I said, still chuckling. Chris was shaking. 

"I know you're lying." Chris threw a bunch, but I easily dodged. He connected with the wall. I quit laughing fairly quickly. Chris was extremely upset, for obvious reasons. 

"Okay, clearly you won't be listening anymore," I said. Chris didn't say anything. I nodded and then quickly bolted down the hall. I heard shouting following me. I looked behind me to see Chris rounding a corner. I looked forward to see Percy coming around the corner I had just reached.

"Leo, what's goi--" he started. 

"No time," I responded, grabbing his wrist and continuing down the hall. I heard him yelp in surprise. The halls were empty, so finding a spot to hide was a challenge. I kept looking for a classroom with a teacher in it, where we could sit there for the rest of lunch.

"Why is he chasing you?" Percy asked.

"He thinks you are the one who punched Nakamura, and he wanted to 'chat' with you. He got pretty pissed when I told him I wouldn't call you over," I responded, running out of breath. Percy took the lead. He led me down a couple more halls before opening what looked like an office door. 

I doubled over and started coughing. Percy was still standing, leaning against the door.

"In trouble already?" I looked up to see one of our security officers.

"What would make you think that?" He asked, looking out a window. I was still doubled over, trying to catch my breath. 

"So what happened?" Officer Johnson asked.

"You know, I'm not entirely sure," Percy said, laughing slightly. The officer nodded, looking fairly confused. 

"Does it have to do you with you leaving in the middle of class?" he asked.

"You left in the middle of class?" I asked. Percy only waved me off. 

"Not important," he said, before turning to to the officer. "I don't think so. Leo, you get to explain it."

"Chris is mad Ethan got suspended this morning. I guess Ethan told him that Percy was the one who punched him. Chris got pissed about that, and I guess was looking for him. Instead he found me, trying to get me to let him 'speak' with Percy. I, being smart, said no. He went after me, and I ran, running into Percy on the way. The end," I said, finally able to stand up. 

"Wow," Officer Johnson said. "And who actually punched him?"

"Me," I said, feeling kind of proud of myself. 

"Finally, someone put him in his place," Officer Johnson said. "But you didn't hear me say that. I could get in a lot of trouble."

We all laughed. The door was shoved open and Percy stumbled forward. Chris stepped through the threshold. 

"Found you," he said. He didn't look around the room before going after Percy. He swung and connected with Percy's chin. Percy stumbled backwards and chuckled.

"Chris Rodriguez, you are under arrest for assault," Officer Johnson said, handcuffing the stunned teen.

"No, you can't... what? But--" Chris started struggling. I laughed. Percy smiled at me. Two of the biggest bullies in school, we somehow got them kicked out, for at least a period of time. Officer Johnson led Chris out of the room. 

I turned to Percy, inspecting the bruise forming. I gently traced the edged of it with my fingers. 

"How bad does it hurt?"

"Not at all," Percy said, smiling.

"Really?" I asked. Percy smiled and nodded. "How can you just take it like that?"

"Practice," Percy said. I sighed.

"That isn't really something you should have been practicing," I said. Percy wrapped his arms around me. 

"Hey, it's not like it was my choice," he said, trying to lighten the situation. I chuckled slightly, nodding. 

"Guess you're right," I said. Percy kissed the top of my head as the bell rang. 

"We need to get to class," Percy said. I nodded. We both walked down the hall, and headed to our next class. We stopped by Percy's first. He drug me inside, making me sit next to him. 

"I have a class to get to as well, you know," I said.

"You can miss one class," he said. I laughed and nodded.

Did I already make an Officer Johnson? I can't remember. If I did, oops. It's not the same one lol.

Anyways, this is a pretty bad chapter because I am running out of ideas lol. Please lemme know what you guys would what to see <3

Goodnight, love you all