Chapter 16

Edit: I forgot to give the shoutout. Sorry for the lateness. @LadyNightlight

Gabe's POV:

I was sitting on my couch playing poker with my buddies. We were laughing, betting and best of all, drinking. My idiotic step-son was no where around, thankfully. All he ever did was get in the way. I don't know when he left. I don't have much memory of earlier. 

As I was about to go all in, when the oven went off. I had a frozen pizza In there. I stood up after betting. Walking to the oven, I barely noticed the stench (sp?). Opening to door, the pizza was burnt. A few cusses flew threw the air. I walked out of the kitchen, ignoring the pizza. 

I won the hand because everyone else folded. I was laughing and gathering the money from my winnings when I smelt something like melted plastic. I looked toward the kitchen and saw smoke. Me and my buddies walked closer. Flames were coming out of the oven. We threw our beers onto it trying to put it out. For some reason, it just made the situation worse, as if the fire was eating the beer. 

Coughing went around the room as the smoke filled our lungs. The fire pinned us in the hall as it grew. No matter how much wine or beer we would throw onto it, the fire wouldn't go down. Soon we were backed against the wall. I felt the flames burning my skin. My face was going to be ruined. We screamed and cried out for people to help us. 

I heard the front door being smashed open. My buddies were all on the floor, sleeping from the smoke. I fell to my knees, the lack of oxygen unbearable. Soon, another person was at my side, wearing a mask so I couldn't see his face. My skin had started melting causing tears to flow down my face.

Surly no one had ever felt pain this bad. I was pulled onto a stretcher and carried out. I was screaming. I never did anything to deserve this. Nothing, ever. I saw my worthless step-son. He did this. He planned it. Trying to kill me. It was all his fault. I will get him later. I swear on my grandmothers grave, he will pay for the pain he has caused me. 

Hi my puppies!!! 

The a/n at the end isn't bold, sorry. I don't actually know how to on an IPad. I usually write on my computer, but I can't use that in class. The teacher gave us IPads to work on though. I know this is a short chapter, but it was all I could come up with.

Bye my puppies!!!!

-Doggielover89