Chapter 28

Percy's Pov:

I hated fire drills. They forced me to stand in close proximity to people around me, many of which annoy the living daylights out of me. While walking outside, I managed to not get trampled to death by the swarm of teenagers.

At my school, during fire drills, you are supposed to line up with your homeroom teacher. Mine happened to be English with Paul Blofis. When the first semester passed, my schedule happened to be one of the lucky few to get mixed around.

I stood in my spot in line when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I sighed when I saw the familiar looking face of what I can only describe as a latino elf.

"Hi Leaving!" Leo said, very loudly.

"I have an actual name," I said under my breath. He pouted an obviously fake pout.

"That's what everyone says, but no one wants to tell me what it is." Leo drew a tear down his face using his index finger.

"My name is Percy," I say, hoping he'll leave me be. Sadly, I have no suck luck.

"Well then...HI PERCY!!" He screamed in my ear.

"Dude, volume," I complained.

"Yeah, that's a common complaint, right Valdes?" Thalia Grace appeared beside me, along with her little brother.

"Shut up," Leo whined.

"Has he finished marking you two here?" Jason asked. I was confused when he said "you two". I thought at first he was talking about Leo and Thalia, but she is in a completely different grade.

"Yeah," Leo said. He bounced a little on his feet.

"Cool, we are all taking a field trip!" Thalia grabbed my arm along with Leo's and dragged us away from the school building.

"I would rather not go," I say, trying to pry my arm out of hers.

"Well to bad, you're coming," Thalia sassed.

"You're not getting out of this one," Jason said. I noticed Leo was skipping ahead of us.

"Why'd you let him go?" I whined.

"He's not trying to run away." I sighed and stopped talking for a while. I was being forced to be social with people I didn't know. Great.

Finally, Thalia let go of my arm in front of the swim center. There was a fairly large group of people. I sat down next to Leo on a bench. Well, he kind of yanked on my arm until I fell next to him.

"Who's that?" Thalia asked, pointing to a blonde guy with a surfer's tan.

"Sorry, I'm Will. Nico drug me here." I saw Nico smirk as Will rubbed his arm.

"Who did you bring, Thalia?" A blonde girl asked. Her hair fell around her face, almost like a princess's.

I waved to the group as everyone turned to look at me at once.

"It's Leaving!" Leo said.

"Percy," I whispered to him.

"Oh, yeah. His name is Percy. I forgot." Everyone laughed as if this was normal. They talked with each other about how their day is going. I finally felt at peace with my life. I could finally put everything with Gabe behind me. I lived with people who cared about me. I was kidnapped into a group of people who cared about each other.

As everyone talked to each other, I smiled to myself. I will always have the memories of my old life. But, they shouldn't have to weigh me down forever. I will always have scars, but they don't have to show just the bad. They can tell a story of how I became stronger and was able not succumb to the darkness, no matter how tempting that seemed.

Hey my puppies!!!

I plan on writing another fanfiction. It will be more thought out than this one is. 

I am going to complain about the weather a bit though. It is staying at 28 degrees Fahrenheit when is should be warming up!! Come on, I was cold all winter...oooof. Though my puppy is a heater so imma snuggle with him.

Till my next story,

Bye my puppies!!!

- Doggielover89