Chapter 22

Percy POV:

I started lunch as normal, walking very lethargic towards the lunch room. As usual, I didn't pack a lunch. I obviously never did. Gabe would never allow it and never gave me enough money for school lunch. Or any money ever.

I sat in my usual corner table near the back. No one ever wanted to sit here for some reason. I got the table to myself. My phone sat on the table, upside down. My ear buds were in and I listened to music. I laid my head on the table and closed my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I remember was the bell piercing through my earbuds. Groaning, I stood up and made my way to fifth period, not caring which one that was.Sitting in my usual seat in the back, I laid my head back down, but on the desk this time. There was also no substitute to force me to sit up front. I didn't fall asleep this time, and the period went by excruciatingly slow. The rest of the day followed just as slowly. 

After the walk home from school, I stood at the front door of Poseidon's house. I felt strangely obligated to knock on the door. I stood for a good amount time, unsure of what to do. I heard someone laugh behind me, making me jump. I saw Tyson next to me.

"What are you doing just standing there?" he asked, still slightly giggling. I couldn't help but give off a small smile. I realized that he got me to smile more in the past to days than the rest of my life. The only other person I smiled for was my mom.

"I was uh... waiting for you," I said, smiling slightly wider. 

"Thanks," he said laughing again, then he reached for the door. We walked across the threshold into the smell of something cooking. Tyson threw his backpack on the floor by the door and ran into the kitchen to say hello. 

Since I didn't have a backpack because of the fire, I sat on the couch and pulled out my phone. I didn't expect any notifications and that's what I found, when searching through my apps. Tyson came back out of the kitchen laughing. He went straight to the couch and sat down next to me.

"What-cha doing?" he asked watching my screen. I turned it a bit more so that he could see it more. 

"Wattpad," I said, smiling again. After Tyson asked what that was, I explained it. He laughed again.

"That sounds... interesting," he said. After a few minutes of silence, Tyson turned on the t.v on some cartoon. I didn't notice him lay his head on my shoulder or snuggle into my side.Though, I might have noticed, but shhh don't tell anyone. 

The door opened and closed swiftly. Both me and Tyson looked up and saw Triton. He, for some reason, looked angered to see me on the couch. I had an idea of why. I was probably a constant reminder of how his father had an affair. I looked back down at my phone before he made my head explode. Triton walked quickly by us and to the back. 

"What happened to him?" Tyson asked innocently. 

"I don't know," I lied. Tyson shrugged and went back to his previously position. The cartoons played in the background as I stared at my phone. Eventually, I put my phone down and noticed Tyson had changed the channel to The Flash. I wrapped my arm around Tyson's shoulders and watched the show. I didn't notice anyone come into the living room for the remainder of the show. 

After the show, Amphitrite told Tyson to go get Triton for dinner. Apparently, it was 7:30. Wow, time passed quickly. Amphitrite told all of us that Poseidon would not be joining us for dinner because he was staying late at work. Tyson groaned at that.

"So, we need to figure out which room Percy is going to share a room with," Amphitrite said. Tyson perked up immediately.

"Me me! He can share a room with me." Tyson's hand was waving in the air, causing a small smile to play on my lips. Amphitrite laughed as well.

"Only if he's ok with it." I nodded making Tyson laugh in triumph. Dinner was amazing. It was nice to have something not from a can. Poseidon walked through the door as we started clearing our plated. Tyson was still following me like a puppy. Poseidon walked straight to the microwave, pulling out the plate Amphitrite set for him. He hadn't said a word since he walked in. Tyson pulled me to his room wanting to show me where I was going to stay. When we passed the living room, I noticed Triton sending me a glare.

Tyson pulled open his bedroom door and we walked into a surprisingly clean room. The bed was still a mess, but everything else was in their proper spot. He sat on the bed, smiling brightly.

"Wow, cleaner than I thought it would be," I said. Tyson laughed.

"I know. So do you like?" I nodded and he got a look on his face like he just won the world. I smiled as I started walking out.

"Let's go hang out with everyone else." He nodded and jumped off the bed. As we walked back into the living room, I knew the only person who hates completely was Triton. He was the only one who showed it. Just got to make sure not to anger him.