Chapter 47

Percy's POV:

Halfway through the first season of the show, I noticed Leo had fallen asleep. It was about 10 at night. I took all of his school supplies off of his bed and placed them gently on the floor. I then carefully pulled the covers over him, making sure he didn't wake up. 

I grabbed my things off the floor and silently moved downstairs. I opened the front door and came face to face with Ms. Valdez. I jumped, not expecting to see her.

"Oh, hey," she said, smiling at me.

"Hi," I said, moving to the side slightly to allow her inside. 

"I didn't think you were coming over today, otherwise I would have made sure Leo made something for dinner." She closed the door behind her. 

"Oh, um. I was actually heading home," I said. 

"Are you planning on walking?" she asked. I nodded. "No. It is way to late for you to be walking anywhere."

"It's not that far," I promised, trying to get to the front door. Ms. Valdez blocked my path.

"Sucks to be you," she said, crossing her arms. I sighed. I heard Leo coming downstairs. 

"What's goin' on?" he asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"You're friend here is trying to walk home," Ms. Valdez said, completely throwing me under the bus. 

"Really? He tried to do something similar earlier today," Leo was saying. I scoffed.

"Walking isn't that bad. I walk everywhere and I don't get into trouble," I defended. Ms. Valdez started laughing.

"Honey," she started. "This is New York, you can't walk five feet without getting into trouble." Leo nodded in agreement.

"It's not that bad," I said. 

"If you need to go home, I will drive you. No other options," Ms. Valdez said. I noticed Leo hiding a laugh. His mother noticed as well. "What's so funny."

"When I went to pick him up earlier from the--," Leo paused and looked at me. I nodded at him. "--The police station. I was on our neighbor's bike. The only way he agreed to come was if he drove... Now that I think about it, do you even have your licence?" 

"Of course I do," I said, pretending to be offended. Ms. Valdez laughed as she moved to the living room, with us following. 

"Okay, but you have to admit, you were speeding," Leo said.

"What?" I heard his mom say as I sat down. I froze slightly and looked at Ms. Valdez. She continued speaking. "You were speeding on a motorcycle. How could you?"

I looked at her, worried I was in troubled. 

"Oh, shoot, hon," she said. "I was kidding. As long as you're safe, and he is safe," she pointed at Leo. "I don't care."

I nodded, trying to calm myself. She walked over and wrapped me in a gentle hug. 

"Hey, I'm sorry," she said gently.

"It's okay," I said. She looked me in the eye and smiled at me. 

"Why don't you two boys head upstairs, and I'll bring you up a snack." 

"I still have to get home," I said, standing up.

"I'll talk to your parents in the morning and let them know I told you to stay. You won't get in trouble."

"Uh, okay," I said, following Leo upstairs. 

"What's wrong?" Leo asked, once we got upstairs.

"One of the officers in the office today, one of them is named Poseidon. He is... he technically.. technically he is my biological father," I said, struggling to explain it. 

"Oh," Leo said. "He's the one you live with, right?"

"Yeah. Because of his relationship to me though, he wasn't part of the process today and he probably wants to know how it went. I'm honestly just worried that he's going to want to know more about Gabe, and I don't want to talk about him anymore for today." I looked at Leo and blushed slightly, realizing I was starting to rant at him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Leo laughed it off. "It's okay."

I sat on the bed next to him. He pressed play on the TV and the show continued playing. I laid onto my stomach, with my feet at the head of the bed. Leo followed my example. I laid my head onto his shoulder, getting more comfortable. Before I could decide it was a bad idea, I gave Leo a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you for dealing with all my shit," I said. 

"It makes my life more interesting," he said. I laughed, and continued using him as a pillow. 

Yes it's short, I'm sorry. I feel like my writing is going downhill again. Meaning it is harder to produce something I am proud of. Plus I am pushing off the relationship between these two because I have absolutely no idea how to write it lol. 

Hope y'all have a good night xD