Chapter 32

Leo's POV:

I watched Percy leave, not in a stalker-ish way. Okay, maybe in a stalker-ish way. In my defense he was acting weird. I turned back to Annabeth, Piper and Hazel. 

"Anyone else really worried about him?" Piper asked. 

"He could just be a jumpy person," Annabeth suggested. I shook my head. 

"No, in class, he wasn't just jumpy. I...I don't know how to describe it." I shook my head, trying to find the right words.

"Leo is right," Hazel said. "When I was talking to him, he seemed...scared." 

"The only one who bugs him enough to know anything would be Leo." Piper looked at me.

"Don't look at me!" I protested. "It's not like we are friends. He made it very clear he didn't want anything to do with me." Thalia sat next to me.

"Who are we talking about?"

"Percy." Thalia nodded.

"Anyway, Leo, did he ever say he wanted nothing to do with you?" I shook my head. "If he really wanted nothing to do with you, he wouldn't have come over." Man, I really hated it when Annabeth had good points. 

"I really wish he would just talk to someone. Not share his whole life story or anything. I'm worried keeping everything inside will cause him to self destruct." 

"You worry to much, Hazel. He seems like a pretty strong person. Not to mention, it never looks like he is hurt. We really can't do anything." Piper said. Her statement made something click.

"Up until a few months ago," I started, "He was always hurt. He was always covered in cuts and bruises. It was also very common for him to have a limp. He definitely always looked like he was in pain. Then he disappeared for a month or so, then came back to school like nothing happened." Jason walked back into the house. He noticed the circle of people. We decided to sit in actual seats, instead of staying on the floor.

"What's up guys?" Jason asked. 

"We are just worried about Percy, so we are trying to figure out what is wrong." I explained.

"Have you tried asking him?" he asked. I stared at him.

"Gee, I never thought about that," I said sarcastically. "Of course. Hazel and I both asked, but he just shut us down." 

"Do you think something is going on at home? The entire drive, he was tense, like he was expecting something to happen." Hazel shrugged.

"I think so. There was one time, Bi-- I mean, Nico and I found him in the road, beaten pretty bad. We just chalked that up to him being mugged. It is New York after all." Nobody mentioned how she avoided saying her sister's name. 

"Did you at least get help?" Annabeth asked. 

"Of course. We were able to get him to the hospital." Hazel said. 

"Well, I'm going to continue bugging him, make him be friends with me." I said. "Maybe then, he'll open up and we can help." Everyone else agreed to do the same. 

---Time Skip---

Monday came way to early. I had to get up early for school. I decided to get up early so I had time to talk to Percy before first block. Sure we had first period together, but talking wasn't really allowed in class.

I managed to convince Jason to drive me to school. Pulling up to the school, I made my way across the lawn, spotting Percy sitting alone on a wall. Jason and I walked up to him. As we got closer, I could see he had earbuds in and his eyes were closed. I got a strange sense of deja vu. 

"Hey," I said. No response. I repeated myself, but louder. Again, no response. I looked at Jase for an explanation. He only shrugged. I sighed and waved my hand in front of his face.

"Leo! That is rude." Jason said. I really didn't care, because I got him to notice us. Percy's eyes shot open, and for a split second, he looked panicked.

"What?" He asked, composing himself. I sat down next to him, causing him to scoot a couple inches away from me.

"Just wanted to talk," I said. Jason facepalmed.

"You could make it sound like you're not gonna beat him up." Percy pointed and nodded in agreement.

"Sorry," I said and cleared my throat. "Mr. Jackson. Jason and I got to school early and wished to have a chat with you."

"Yeah, that sounded worse," Percy said. He stood up and grabbed his backpack. "I think I'm going to leave before you steal my lunch money." He started walking away. At that time Annabeth arrived. 

"Hey Percy," she said, waving.

"Great," I heard him mutter to himself. Annabeth gave him a confused look.

"Leo, what did you do?" she asked, annoyed.

"Nothing...on purpose." She gave a sigh.

"Since she is here, you can talk to her. So I'm just gonna..." Percy gestured in a random direction.

"Good job, Leo. You scared him off." Jason said, once he was gone. The two blondes stared at me.

"We all agreed that  was exactly what we were not going to do." Annabeth said. 

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk." I said, trying to explain myself. I wasn't having much luck. Annabeth just shook her head and sat next to me.

"Did you do your homework?" I laughed slightly. She pulled out her own homework and walked me through how to do mine. Of course, she couldn't just give me the answers. 'How else will I learn?'

Whoo! Two days in a role. I'm proud of myself. Well, technically, It's been less than 24 hours since the last chapter. 

Anyways, I want y'alls opinions on who I'm going to pair Percy with. I'm torn between 3 different pairings.

1. Percy x Annabeth

2. Percy x Jason

3. Percy x Leo

4. Percy x _____ (You fill in the blank)

Thank you all for reading <3

I am also staying with my Grandma for now, so updates are gonna be more random than they already are.