Chapter 15

Percy's POV:

I sat in the tree for hours. I just sat there, watching people bustle about, rushing on with their lives. I thought about going to the hospital and seeing Gabe. I wanted to know how long he would stay there. Eventually, I just decided against it. It would just cause me more pain.

Sitting in the tree calmed me. I was watching the sun set. The pinks and purples danced across the sky, changing the hue of everything around me. It was beautiful. I hadn't watched the sun set since my mother had been murdered, I had forgotten how beautiful it was.

I was shook out of my stupor by a girl about my age calling from below. She had long black hair with one long hot pink stripe in her bangs. She was extremely pale, as if this was the first time she left her room in years.  In her left ear, there were a few piercings near the top. Glasses rested on her nose. As well as the ear piercings, she had a lip ring. The girl wore a black hoodie around her waist. Her black t-shirt had a weird flame shape on it (special shout out [other than you sis] if you can name the band HINT: look at song above). She had black skinny jeans and to complete the look, she had combat boots on.

I must have looked too confused because she started to climb the tree up to me and started to speak. 

"You're in my spot," she said plainly. 

"It's a tree," I said a bit sharply. She had a 'yes and??' face on. "Why is a tree be so important?"

"Nevermind," she said, huffing. "I'm Crystal by the way. My friends call my Crys (Chris)." I nodded and continued looking out at the sky. "That's the part where you say your name."

"Percy," I said shortly, trying to cut off the conversation. I really wanted to be alone right now and people are not the best when you want that done. I started spacing out again, hoping she would go away. No such luck.

Instead, I was poked in the face by a stranger. I was staring at the newly starry sky, when a finger poked my nose. I stared at Crystal confused and annoyed. 

"What?" I half growled. She started laughing. 

"I booped your nose," she said between her breathes. I glared at her and started climbing down the tree. I was not in the mood after a rough night and day. "Where are you going?" I shrugged in response and started walking toward the store. I had a twenty in my pocket so I was hoping to find something to eat.

I honestly expected her to follow me to the store and was surprised when I turned to look and saw Crystal sitting where I was sitting, watching a news helicopter pass by. 

*****

I was sitting by the entrance of the store, munching on  a deli sandwich and a diet coke (Theorists for life!!!!). Someone walked by and handed me a five dollar bill. I tried to get him to keep it, but he insisted I needed it more than him, even after I explained I wasn't homeless. Even if that wasn't true, I didn't want the money. The man just left before I could give it back to him.

After I was done eating, I started wandering around. No one messed with me. I found myself in front of the hospital. I walked in and asked the receptionist if Gabe had checked in.

"Your name please?" she asked.

"Percy Jackson." She shook her head as she started clicking on her computer. 

"Mr. Ugliano has been waiting for an awful long time, waiting for his son to visit him."

"Step-son," I automatically corrected. She didn't notice and gave e the room number. The smell of chemicals reminded me of how I was here not even 48 hours ago. I walked into a lot of yelling. Gabe seemed to be in a lot of pain. I didn't feel to bad for him though, he got what he deserved. 

Before I went in, a doctor stopped me and told me that the surgery went well and they were just trying to see if there were any side effects. Thanking him, I stepped into the room. Seeing me, Gabe shoo-ed the nurse out.

"Took you long enough to meet me. I thought we were acting as if we liked each other, you worthless piece of garbage." The burns on Gabe's body made him look even more terrifying, but I managed to choke out something. 

"That's kind of hard with you degrading and beating me all the time." 

"Get over it. I don't hit you that hard," he said. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He didn't hit me hard, yet I still got into the hospital. I started to walk out the door, when Gabe started coughing his guts out. Blood started spewing out of his mouth. Doctors rushed in and pushed me out of the room. 

I didn't want to raise to much suspicion by leaving, so I sat in the chair by  the room as Gabe was wheeled out. I sat there for a few hours and started getting ancy. I laid down on the chair waiting for news. I wasn't worried, if Gabe owed me a beating, I got it.

Hi my puppies!!

I felt bad for just posting memes so heres an update!!

Bye my puppies!!

-Doggielover89