Chapter 36

I am going to say my posting streak wasn't broken since you know, it was Wattpad's fault and not me lol

Leo's POV:

After dinner, I was in my room again. I texted Percy asking if he was open to talk. I knew I was probably pushing his buttons, and I was trying to not bug him. He hadn't responded in the last 20 minutes, so I decided to place my phone on the table beside my bed. I opened my laptop and worked on my essay.

I had zoned out, so I didn't notice how much time had passed. I heard a ding coming from my phone. Picking it up, I was slightly shocked to see it had come from Percy.

P (9:47 PM) : I'm sorry it took so long to respond. I know I also didn't respond to your apology earlier and I am sorry for that as well. Gabe is a... he is a hard topic for me to talk about. I should not have blown up at you in the bathroom either. Today I was being immature. I don't hold any hard feelings against you because you didn't know.

L (9:50 PM) : You don't need to apologize. I never meant to bring up Gabe in a way that I thought would hurt you. I assumed he was an old friend or something. Obviously I was wrong. When you blew up at me, you had every right to as well. You had told me once to leave and I didn't. 

P (9:52 PM) : Thank you for not hating me about all of this. I know it sounds stupid, but I was worried I got everyone mad at me.

L (9:54 PM) : I don't think I physically can hate anyone. As for everyone else, I know they weren't mad at you either. Everyone agrees that you had every right to be angry.

P (9:55 PM) : Do you think we can put this whole mess behind us and continue being friends? 

L (9:55 PM): Of course!  

We talked for about half an hour more before I went back to my essay. The next few weeks went by smoothly. Percy more willingly joined our group at the lunch table more and more. We were able to get him to talk to us more as well. 

One afternoon, after school, everyone was hanging out at the park. Jason and Piper were being boring and doing their homework. Who does that at the park? I had managed to snatch a bag of skittles from Thalia. Being the only one with a job, she was in charge of the snacks.

Hazel was poking fun at her brother and his boyfriend, clearly making them uncomfortable. Will had his arm wrapped around his smaller partner, who was currently flushed red. Frank was sitting on the grass, watching Hazel make fun of the boys. The only person who seemed to be missing was Percy.

"So, Leo?" Thalia asked. I looked at her, acknowledging. "Are you gonna pay me back for those?"

"Absolutely, I will not." I laughed as she glared at me. I stuck my tongue out at her and she scrambled to grab the candy from me. I jumped up and started running around the park, trying to escape the angry Grace sibling. 

I yelped as she tackled me. We tumbled to the ground. I landed on top of the skittles, and I stayed there, hoping she would leave me be.

"You are very lucky I don't feel like prying you off of those," Thalia said laughing.

"Of course I am." I sat up and ate a handful of skittles. 

"You got any more gay candy?" Will asked Thalia from his seat.

"Since you asked, of course I do." She stood up and pulled more skittles from her bag and passed them around the group.

"Gay candy?" I asked.

"Their slogan is 'Taste the Rainbow,''' Nico pointed out.

"True, true." I munched another handful loudly.  

"Has anyone heard from Percy yet?" Jason asked suddenly. 

"No, why?" Hazel asked.

"He told me he was gonna text when he was on his way. He probably just changed his mind." There was a couple murmurs of agreement. 

"I can always call him to make sure he is coming." I pulled out my phone. Without waiting for an answer, I hit call. It went straight to voicemail. I tried a couple more times, with the same response. Feeling worried about him, I placed my phone back in my pocket. There wasn't a way I could get ahold of his parents or anything. 

I decided to let it be, hoping he would text or call if he was in trouble. I also had to note the possibility that his phone had died. I was hoping that was the case. 

I know it's short but I am so worn out from work today. I am so glad I have tomorrow off. I'll finally be able to sleep in and spend the day with my dog. Anyways, thank you all for reading. Please don't forget to vote. 

Ask me any question and I will answer it (PG-13). 

Goodnight everyone. I hope you all are enjoying this mess of a story so far.