Chapter 61

Percy's POV:

I had trouble sleeping, probably because my brain was still on overdrive. I sat up, letting the blankets fall off of me. I swung my feet over the side of the bed, not sure if I was actually leaving my room. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my phone. I silently left my room, closing the door behind me. I left the house, grabbing my keys off the rack. 

I walked down the road, trying to clear my head. I didn't have any place in mind. I sighed, realizing I forgot my hoodie. I spaced out, not paying attention to where I was going. I found my way to a park bench. I sat down for a moment. 

I looked at my feet, trying to understand what Amphitrite was saying. She was wrong. She had to be. Gabe always told me where I went wrong, and I learned what was wrong. The only reason I got in trouble all the time was because I was just a terrible person. I constantly broke rules, and it's my fault. 

All yelling would do is scare the child. It won't help anyone actually learn what they did wrong. I shook my head. 

"That's not true," I mumbled to myself. I closed my eyes. She had to be lying. Gabe never lied. I am worthless. All I ever cause is trouble. I don't deserve everything I have. I don't deserve a loving boyfriend, or two people taking care of me. 

He was right. Mom would hate the person I turned into. He was right about everything. No matter where I went, I caused problems for everyone. I know Leo would say I was worth it, but he was wrong. 

Gabe made sure I knew how he felt. Amphitrite disagreed with his parental strategies, but I couldn't help but feel he did something right. He was right every time he told me all I was good for was taking up space. 

I stayed on the bench, shaking from the cold. I looked forward, watching the road. Without thinking, I stood up and walked to the edge of the sidewalk. I was about to take a step out, when someone yanked me back. 

"What are you doing?" I was face to face with a tall, dark skinned man. He looked like someone who could easily snap me in half. His hand was gripping my shoulder tightly, making it nearly impossible for me to move. 

"What do you care?" I spat. I knew that wasn't the nicest thing to say, but in the moment I didn't care. 

"You were about to step out into the busy road. You could have gotten seriously hurt," he said. I guess he didn't really assess the situation. I blinked and waited for him to catch on. It didn't take very long. "Oh."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get home." I tried to walk away, but he moved towards the bench, making me sit down. 

"Nope, you're stuck with me," he said, sitting next to me. "I'm not letting you go until you call someone to pick you up."

"You're going to be sitting here all night," I said. I looked at the time, seeing it was 1:30 in the morning. 

"Alright." He pulled his phone out and texted someone. I couldn't shake the feeling I had seen him before. I sighed, and leaned against the bench. He seemed to be talking on the phone with someone.

"Hey, lil' bro... Yeah, I know it's been a while... I miss you too. Listen, I need your help... Yeah, I found your friend wandering the streets late at night....... Yeah." He gave where we were and then shut his phone off.

"What was that?" I asked. 

"I called my brother to come and pick you up. He should be here in a few minutes." I huffed and crossed my arms. It took about ten minutes before a vehicle approached. I quickly recognized the rider of the motorcycle. I groaned and tried to hide my face.