Chapter 48

I have no idea what day it's supposed to be, so let's just go with Saturday.

Percy's POV:

I woke up on Leo's bed, feeling well rested for once. I was laying on my back, with Leo using my chest as a pillow. One arm was stretched over my stomach as he slept. I managed to grab my phone and take a picture of him. I smiled to myself. 

I checked my notifications, deciding to not look at the posts I was tagged. It never helped my mood anyways. I noticed many texts in the group chat. Somehow Piper agreed Jason to send math homework answers for everyone to use. I scrolled through my phone for about half an hour before I felt Leo stirring. 

He stretched and looked up at me.

"'Morning," he said. 

"Did I wake you up?" I asked. He shook his head no. Leo reached over to the nightstand and grabbed his phone. We sat in silence, not moving from our position. 

"You two are too cute," Ms. Valdez said. I shot up quickly, causing Leo to almost fall off the bed. Ms. Valdez laughed. "Did I scare you?"

"Can't you knock mom?" Leo groaned, sitting up. She shook her head and sat on the foot of the bed. 

"So, what's up with you two?" she asked. I, not expecting her to walk in, had no response. 

"What do you mean?" Leo asked.

"Are you two a thing or something?" 

"No," Leo responded. She looked at me for conformation.

"He's right," I said. 

"Okay. Another question. Why aren't you two dating?" she asked. I did a spit take. Leo chuckled.

"Bold of you to assume he likes guys," he said, crossing his arms. 

"True," Ms. Valdez said. "Anyways, the reason I came up here. There was an emergency at work, so I'm headed in. Don't burn the house down." She left the room, closing the door behind her. 

"Why aren't we dating?" Leo turned to me. I shrugged.

"It's a fairly selfish reason," I said. He continued looking at me, waiting for an answer. "I'm worried about what people at school would say."

"That makes sense," Leo agreed. "Want breakfast?"

"No, I should really head home," I said. "And I will be walking."

"Fine, I'm coming too," Leo said. I laughed and agreed. 

***

It took about an hour to get to my house. Before I went inside, I turned to face Leo. I gently grabbed his chin and gave him a kiss. (I apologize, I am so bad at this) I blushed brightly, and pulled away.

"Uh, sorry," I said. Leo laughed and wrapped his arms around my neck. 

"You don't have to apologize for everything," he said. He leaned up and kissed me. I smiled. After a few minutes we pulled apart. 

"Good luck with them," Leo said. I nodded. I gave Leo one more quick kiss before heading inside. 

"Hey," Tyson said. I closed the door behind me. Tyson ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. "Where have you been?"

"I was at a friends house," I said, hugging him back. Poseidon walked into the room and quickly noticed me. He gestured for me to follow him into the back. "I'll be right back, bud."

I followed him into my room. Poseidon sat on my bed. 

"Am I in trouble?" I asked, closing the door. 

"No," he said. "I just want to talk about yesterday. I was told to read over your statement." 

I clenched my fist. I waited for him to continue speaking, worried about what was in the file. 

"Why didn't you ever report Gabe?" he asked. Getting tired of having to answer this question, I snapped at him.

"What is up with you people? Why do you think I didn't report him? I swear! What about my situation makes you think I felt safe going to anyone?" As I spoke, my voice slowly rose in volume. Poseidon stared at me shocked. 

"I, I'm sorry Percy," he said.

"I'm sure you are," I said, crossing my arms. He sighed. I knew he was trying, but I had a lot of trouble trusting him. Amphitrite walked in and closed the door behind her as well.

"What's going on?" she asked. 

"Yesterday," Poseidon started. "I learned about Percy's full situation with Gabe." 

"What do you mean? I thought he was... you know," she gestured slightly, trying to be polite.

"You can say it. He's dead." My voice was monotone now. I was done talking about Gabe. Amphitrite was taken aback. 

"You sound like you don't care," she said softly. 

"I do care," I said, looking at her. "I care a lot actually. It just happens to be, I'd rather he be dead than living. He was a terrible person. However, I don't want to share my life story anymore. It's in the past."

Poseidon and Amphitrite were speechless. She gave him a look, asking what I was talking about. He turned to me and told me to tell her. I blinked. 

"You didn't tell her?" I asked. Poseidon shook his head. I sighed and shook my head. I then took the next 45 minutes telling her about Gabe. By the end of it, she was in tears. 

"Oh my gods..." she said quietly. 

"And please don't ask why I didn't go to someone about him. I'm done answering that question." She nodded. 

"Can I-- can I give you a hug?" she asked. I was shocked by that response. I nodded and she pulled me into a tight hug. I tried not too, but I felt myself tearing up. 

"Who all know?" Poseidon asked. 

"You two, the police (now) and Leo," I said. He nodded accepting my answer. Amphitrite let me go and she took a seat next to her husband. There was a knock on the door.

"Not now," Amphitrite called. 

"Just letting you know I'm home," Triton said. I heard his footsteps retreat to his own room. 

"Is there anything you need from us?" Amphitrite asked.

"No, I'm dealing with it pretty well," I said. They both clearly didn't believe me. 

"Just let us know," Poseidon said. I nodded and they both left my room. I flopped on my bed face first.

"What did they want?" Triton asked. Over the past few months, he hasn't got to like me any better. 

"Nothing," I mumbled. He scoffed and walked off again. 

Heyo. So fun fact, my dad is an electrician, meaning he has a very dangerous job. Halfway through writing this, he called me and started the convo with "So I just left the hospital..." My mom already knew because he was talking with her the entire time, but turns out a piece of equipment blew up. He has second degree burns on his right wrist and first degree burns all up his right arm. 

Course he is working 3 hours away, so I won't be able to see him until tomorrow after I get off work. Which is going to be five at night. I pretty pissed about that. 

Hope y'all had a better night than I did. I'll probably update y'all about his condition. Love you guys <3