Chapter 40

Leo POV:

I was sitting next to Percy the next day, during breakfast. It was clear he didn't sleep well last night, so he had his head rested on his arms as he tried to take a small nap before school. I was on my phone, scrolling through social media. After Percy and I became mutuals, I noticed how people treated him, and it pissed me off. 

My feed was now full of terrible comments and slurs about him. Since last night, people made the connection between Sally and Percy, figuring they were related in some way. Many people "joked" that he was the one to kill her and that was why he was so weird. 

I saw one picture someone drew of Percy standing over her body holding a bloody knife. I quickly reported the post, then shut my phone off in anger. I set my phone down on the table, trying not to disturb the seemingly asleep boy.

"Don't let it get to you," he said, opening his eyes and looking at me. "I'm used to it. I've been hearing it forever, they just started back up because of the news last night."

"They shouldn't be saying those things," I said, glaring at my phone. Jason came storming up to the table and angrily sat down. He noticed my irritated look.

"What is wrong with the people at this school?" he asked. Percy gave a small chuckle. 

"You guys worry to much," he said, closing his eyes again. He acted like it didn't bother him, and I tried to believe him. 

"Maybe you don't worry enough," I retorted. A small group of girls passed our table and giggled.

"Careful around him, he might hurt you. Or worse." They laughed. I was about to yell something back at them when Percy stopped me.

"Don't bother," he said. "Besides, they could be right. For all you know, I did kill her and I'll gladly do it again."

After a short silence, all three of us started laughing. 

"You...kill someone?" Jason asked between his laughter. 

"oh, come on! It's not that hard to believe." Percy said, trying to look tough. We only started laughing more. 

"I'm sorry, I...I can't believe it," I said, trying to pull myself together.  Piper stalked up, with an angry look on her face as well. 

"I can't believe people actually think he would do that," she said crossing her arms. "I mean, there isn't any actual evidence that they had any relation to each other." I noticed Percy's expression tighten, but he tried to quickly cover it up. 

Slowly, everyone else joined our table. I was surprised so many people were able to actually make it over. Percy made jokes with everyone about the situation, but something about it seemed off. I couldn't help but think he was taking this situation to lightly. I tried to figure out a way to bring it up to him, but came up empty. 

The rest of the week passed pretty similarly, with Percy putting on a smile. I tried to bring it up to him multiple time, but he just blew me off, telling me it was nothing he couldn't handle. 

We were on our way to Piper's house for her party. He was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for whatever Piper had planned. 

I walked through the door and was suddenly pounced on by Piper. She wrapped something around my neck and led me into the living room. Looking down, I got a quick glance of the colors pink, yellow and blue.

"I really didn't know what to do, so I got a cake." She chuckled. I laughed.

"This is plenty. I at least feel loved," I said, holding up my flag cape. Percy smiled and pulled out his phone, stealing a quick picture of me. I glared at him, crossing my arms and sticking out my tongue. "I did feel loved." 

"You are a literal child," Jason said, laughing at me. Percy laughed and agreed with him. I grabbed a handful of cake and threw it at his face. 

"You wanna go?" Percy asked, scraping the frosting off and throwing it back. Eventually it melted into a full fledged food fight. I managed to put the flag somewhere where cake wouldn't get on it before participating in the sugary war. 

It went on for about 45 minutes, before I called for a surrender. I was laying on the floor, covered in frosting. Everyone was laying in various spots. I licked some of the frosting off my face.

"Where did you get this cake?" I asked. "It's pretty good."

"If you must know," Piper said. "I spent three hours baking and decorating that cake."

"Well it was delicious." We all laughed. 

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, and enjoyed throwing it at everyone." She took another handful of cake and shoved it into her mouth. I sat up, and scraped all of the excess cake off of my clothes. I licked my fingers, trying not to waste any more cake. We all spent the next hour cleaning up and the two hours after that just hanging out. 

After a while, I needed to go home and Percy was my ride. He was technically driving my mom's car, but I didn't want to drive today because ~I'm lazy~. He didn't mind driving, probably because it was an excuse not to talk, but that just meant I was able to ramble on without being stopped. 

We got to my house pretty late. It took a lot of convincing to get him to stay over. After finally convincing Percy, asking our parents was a breeze. They both agreed without needing to convince them. 

Y'all, I did not think I was going to be able to post today. It was so hectic. I barely had time to actually sit down and write. Please don't be mad if I am unable to post tomorrow. We are moving furniture over, so that's going to take a while. Then I will have to go to bed early because I go back to work Monday. 

I will definitely be able to post Monday, because I am only working a couple hours, but tomorrow is going to be crazy. Just a heads up in case I miss an update. Love you all <3