Chapter 59

Percy's POV:

The rest of the day went fairly smoothly. Leo had to head straight home to face him mom. He sent me to my house in case my parents got a phone call. I was worried about heading home. Not only did I have the new bruise form Chris, but just a day before, I got another collection of bruises.

Walking up to the front door, I hiked my hoodie up to hide my neck. I had my hood up, hiding my face the best I could. I noticed both adults cars in the driveway. I sighed and opened the door, seeing an empty living room. I quickly made my way to the back, placing my backpack on my bedroom floor. 

I sat on my bed, my math homework spread out in front of me. I worked on the papers for about half an hour. I heard a knocking on my door. I looked up to see Triton standing there. 

"Oh my gods," he said. I was confused, before realizing I had taken my hoodie off. 

"It's not what it looked like," I said, looking for something to hide my skin. 

"Really? It looks like you got your ass handed to you," he said, walking in. I stood up and grabbed a new hoodie, putting it on. I shrugged. "How bad is it?"

I shrugged again. Leo asked me that, and for all he knew, it was confined to my face. Of course, I was more than happy to let people think I was better off. 

"What happened?" Triton asked. 

"Well, as you put it, 'I got my ass handed to me'," I said, sitting back down. 

"Ok, why was your ass handed to you?" he asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. I just remember having to leave the classroom and then getting jumped." I shrugged. "That's all I remember happening. Though, one was just a misunderstanding." I pointed to the newest edition. "I got blamed for something someone else did."

I laughed, playing it off like it was nothing. I noticed Triton nervous chuckle, clearly uncomfortable. I turned back to my homework, unsure of what to do.

"Anyways, the reason I came. Mom and Dad want to talk to you," he said. I nodded and stood up. Triton went to his room and I headed into the living room. I made sure my hoodie hid my neck. I saw Poseidon and Amphitrite standing next to each other. I felt my stomach sink as they noticed me.

"We got a call from the school school today, telling us you were in a fight," Poseidon said. Amphitrite walked over to me, grabbing my chin to inspect my face. I cringes slightly, pulling away.

"So how bad is it?" she asked. It was hard to tell what they were thinking. I wasn't sure if they were mad.

"I only got hit once, today," I said, realizing to late I had a bad choice of words. 

"Today?" Poseidon asked. I adjusted my hoodie, trying to figure out what to say. 

"You were in a fight yesterday too?" Amphitrite asked. She reminded me of my mom, so seeing her disappointed look increased my guilty feeling by 100. I looked at the ground. I heard her speaking again. "What happened?"

I took a bit to gather my thoughts, before explaining the events of yesterday and today. They both were silent as I spoke. After I was done, Amphitrite gently pulled my hoodie down, revealing my neck. I looked down again. I felt like Gabe was looking up from Hell and laughing. I hadn't been here for long and I already caused so many problems for this family. 

"Hey," Poseidon said. When I didn't look up, he continued. "We aren't mad, or even disappointed. It sounds like you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

I felt tears in my eyes. I tried to blink them away. I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me.

"Next time, just come to us when you have issues like that. We are here to help," Amphitrite said. Tears ran down my face as I stood there. I had no idea how to respond, other than pathetically nodding. I decided that I had been crying to much lately.