Chapter 18

Percy POV:

***Le Time CatPat (Skip) to Tuesday***

I was on my way to a walk in Dutch Bros (I don't drink Starbucks....Please don't hate me). A woman from child services had called me to set up a meeting, saying something about my dad. As I walked through the door, I ran into someone. Yeah, I know, smooth Percy. I wasn't watching where I was going. 

I looked up apologizing repeatedly to come face to face with Officer Neptune. 

"It's ok," he said, brushing off his side. He had been walking to either the counter or the bathroom. "I was just going to meet someone." He pointed to a table and nice woman in a business soot waved. She had long black hair with a single red stripe in her bangs. On the bridge of her nose, she had a pair of blue glasses, bringing out her brown eyes.

The officer walked over and she looked up, making eye contact with me. She waved me over, so I strode over there, confused. 

"Are you Perseus Jackson?" she asked kindly. 

"Percy." I felt a bit bad for correcting her, I just hated the name Perseus. She nodded and gestured for me to take a seat. 

"I called you both here--" Poseidon cut her off.

"Why us both?"

"You look identical, and I called you both regarding a certain family member." I noticed she had a name tag on that said Ash. Poseidon looked at me, as if I were a piece of gum on the bottom of his shoe. It wasn't disgust, but more of a "what? How did that get there?". Either way though, I was uncomfortable.

Ash looked at me. "Sally Jackson is your mother, right?"

"Was," I mumbled. 

"Excuse me?" she ask politely. I repeated myself a bit louder and a regretful look instantly filled her face. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's ok." I said softly. "Its been a while." Poseidon had pity written across his face. He went to pat my back, but I flinched away on instinct. 

"You ok?" I nod slightly, wanting to get this done. 

Poseidon POV:

I slowly pulled my hand back. That was weird  I thought. We turned back to Miss Ash and she continued speaking. When she got to the part where she said 'Percy, Officer Poseidon is your father' I expected hi to freak out. 

He just stared at me and muttered something under his breath. 

"Now Percy, do you want to continue living with you step-father," Ash asked. Percy shook his head.

"I don't have to," he said with a smile. 

"What do you mean?" Ash asked. 

"The fire," I said. "He didn't make it." Ash had tears in her eyes. 

"I'm so sorry dear," she said. She went for a hug, but Percy was hesitant. 

*******

Percy ended up coming home with me. Triton  was probably in his room. I know Ty was at school. Now that I thought abut it, I wondered why Percy wasn't at school. 

"Why aren't you in school?" I asked. He looked at me then turned away, anger in his eyes. Amphitrite came out of the kitchen, glared then pulled me into another room, leaving Percy in the living room. 

"You brought him here?" she asked, very angrily. 

"Yeah," I said. "But only because--" she cut me off.

"Doesn't he have at least his mother??" Amphitrite growled. 

"No. All I know is she died when he was young." 

"Who has been raising him then?" 

"His step-father," I said. "But, before you get upset about that..remember the house that was on fire?" She nodded not knowing where I was going with this. "That was his step-father's. He didn't make it during an emergency surgery." Amphitrite stormed out of the room.

When I got to the living room, Amphitrite had a completely different attitude. She had a plate of fresh baked cookies on the table and was trying to get Percy to eat some. At least she wasn't mad at him.

Hi my puppies!!

Yes the chapter is short...but..I actually remembered to update!! Hope you enjoyed it! 

Bye my puppies!! 

-Doggielover89