Chapter 25

Nico's POV:

Everyone started to notice how different I had been acting. I tried hiding it, but of course my friends had to care why I missed school. It was only about 2 weeks. Leo kept trying to ask me what was wrong, but every time I shut him down. It was my personal business, nobody else needed to know. 

Flashback:

Bianca and I were walking to the store, bored and looking for food. It was turning dark, the sun barely turning the clouds a light purple. We were talking about a movie we had seen earlier. 

It was Venom, a new marval movie we decided to see in memory of Stan Lee. We were walking because it was more enjoyable and Hades wasn't home to drive us.

Of course, walking meant we had to cross a lot of busy roads in the middle of New York during rush hour. So people were being idiots. Walking about a mile from our house, we passed the major accidents, backing up traffic even more allowing more impatient people.

We decided to walk to a gas station before actually walking towards the movie. Bianca and I were debating weather or not spiderman would appear in the movie.

"He has to," Bianca said. "There can't be Venom without spiderman to fight him"

"Yeah, but Spiderman takes place in New York but Venom takes place in California. They wouldn't cross over." I tried convincing her.

"Alright. Will Stan Lee be in it?" Bianca asked.

"He has too. It was released before he died."

"Stop making good points," Bianca said, playfully pushing me towards a lawn. We laughed a bit, allowing silence to settle over us. While we were crossing one street, a large semi sped up. We were about halfway across when Bianca shoved me forward. I landed hard on my stomach, but beside me, there was a sickening sound.

Looking over. I saw the semi had stopped and Bianca was on the ground in front of it. There was a pool of blood surrounding her. The contents of my stomach left me. A few drivers stopped, many on there phones, talking frantically.

After I finished vomiting, I rushed over to Bianca. Her eyes were open, staring at some spot behind me. Her hand reached for mine weakly.

The semi driver came over apologizing. He was about 30 with a small beard. I ignored everything he said, concentrating on Bianca.

Police arrived shortly and had to pull me off Bianca. My body had gone numb and I didn't have the energy to fight them. They ushered me towards an ambulance where I was checked for injury.

As they looked over Bianca, she was announced DOA. I skipped school the next few days. I should have stayed home longer according to the councilor, but I needed to at least be around my friends.

End Flashback

After school, Leo pulled me off to the side.

"What's wrong, man? You've been acting off lately." His face was full of concern when he asked. Unable to hold it in any longer, I told him what happened to Bianca. Of course I was sobbing, so he probably understood only half of what I said.

After I finished speaking, he pulled me into a hug.

Hi my puppies,

Sorry this was so short. But I wanted to get it out ASAP.

Bye my puppies,

- Doggielover89