Chapter 3: Percy.

The store was about a block and a half from the school. The Winco employee knew I needed the beer. I don't know how, but he did. He never needed a reason. Hopefully he worked today. I think his name was... hold on... Hermes! Yeah. Hermes.

I walked through the glass doors and saw Hermes at a register. The beer section was in the back cooler by the bathrooms. I grabbed a 12 pack of Hefe and walked up to the counter.

"More beer huh? Do you mind telling me why?" He rang up the beer and waited for an answer. He wasn't going to get one.

"Yes. I do very much." I grabbed the beer after paying and walked out. The parking lot was full of cars but no people. They were probably inside or across the street at Subway or Baskin Robbins. What I wouldn't give for some ice cream right now. Ok. Off topic. (Sorry if you don't know any of the brands I am using like Hefe.)

I walked slowly to my beat up house. It used to be blue but the paint was peeling. The windows were boarded up and the door had been knocked out about 100 times. I opened the door and ducked as a beer bottle came at my head. It hit the sidewalk outside.

"Are you gonna close the door punk?" Gabe started making his way towards me. I shut the door and walked to the kitchen to put the beer away. Gabe following me the entire time. When the beer was in the fridge, Gabe yanked me to face him and he slammed me into a nearby wall. I crumpled to the floor leaving a very visible dent in the wall.

"What took ya?" Gabe slurred kicking my chest. I tried not to yelp. He had another beer in his hand already.

"Nothing I mumbled. He picked me up by the collar of my shirt. "So why were you so late?" I didn't answer, angering him. He kneed me in the stomach and dropped me. "Answer me delinquent." he growled. I still refused to answer. For about another hour I was repeatedly punched, kicked, thrown, and had beer bottles thrown at me.

"You tell anyone and you and they die." Gabe walked over to the couch and turned on the t.v. Fox News played (what news stations are in New York?). Andy Carson was doing the daily weather. I slowly stood up. My mind was spinning. The bathroom was a few steps away. I cleaned myself up and went to pass out on my bed. I couldn't sleep because of a panic attack. My breathing became rapid and my vision started darkening. Then the flashback came.

Flashback

My mom ran to my room and slammed open the door. "Run! Run, Percy." Gabe walked behind her with an evil look in his eyes.

"What are you doing, honey?" His voice was rough and hating. He pulled a knife out. "What did I say about telling your son?" Mom cried.

"Please Gabe. I-I'll do anything. Please!" She begged.

"To late." Right in front of me, he stabbed her over and over again. She screamed so loud a neighbor called the police. Gabe told them someone broke into the house. When they asked me I froze.

End Flashback

I was crying and sweating. What did I do? Why didn't I report Gabe?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi my puppies!!! How are you (please comment your answer)? I hope you like this story. Please vote and comment!! Have an AMAZHANG day!!

Bye my puppies!!!

-Doggielover89