Chapter 46

Leo's POV:

I sat in my bedroom after school. I had been texting Percy, worried about him. I had a feeling I knew what the police wanted to talk to him about. After receiving no answer (again), I put my phone up. 

I walked downstairs, looking in the kitchen for a snack. Mom was at work, so I was going to be eating dinner alone. I grabbed leftover pizza from the fridge and trucked back upstairs. I opened my computer and turned on Netflix. I used it for background noise while I tried to do my homework. 

I jumped a couple inches when I heard my phone go off. Looking, I noticed a text from Percy.

P (5:00 PM) : Hey, sorry it took a while to get back to you. How busy are you tonight?

L (5:00 PM) : Not busy at all... why? 

P (5:01 PM) : Can I come over?

L (5:02 PM) : Do you need a ride?

P (5:02 PM) : No, I can walk.

L (5:03 PM) : Absolutely not. You still at the police station?"

P (5:03 PM) : I don't need you to drive me. See you in about an hour.

L (5: 04) : Okay

I got out of bed and went over to my neighbors house. They were an elderly couple whose son died a few years. They had his motorcycle in their garage, and let me use it every once in a while. I knocked on the door.

"Hey," I said. "Do you mind if I borrow the motorcycle?"

"Yeah. Do you just want it?" Mrs. Davis said.

"I'll have to ask my mom about it." She nodded and gestured for me to follow her inside. We walked into the side door to the garage. She passed me the keys. 

"Be safe," she said passing me a pure black full face helmet. 

"Do you have a second one by chance?" Mrs. Davis nodded and went to the back of the garage. After a couple minutes, she returned with a white full face helmet. She opened the bay door. I strapped the second helmet to the backseat. 

(That is what it looks like

(That is what it looks like. Technically the pic is a Suzuki Bouevard S40, but it looks fairly close to the bike I went with (not identical). I was having trouble finding a bike that would be small enough for Leo to be able to handle, but big enough to fit two people comfortably. Also this is such a pretty bike. Who wants to buy it for me? Then my family could have 4 bikes lol)

The model of the motorcycle was a jet black Suzuki Savage 650. I was unsure of the year though. I grabbed the keys off of the speedometer. I shook the bike gently to see where the gas was in the tank. I decided that after picking up Percy, I would have to stop for gas. 

I put the black helmet on and climbed on. I put the key in and heard the engine roar to life. I pulled out and drove down the street. I made my way to the police station as fast as possible without going to far over the speed limit.. Once I spotted Percy, I did a quick u-turn and pulled up next to him. 

"Hey," I said, flipping up my visor. Percy jumped a bit and looked at me.

"You own a motorcycle?" he asked. I shook me head no.

"I'm borrowing it. Get on," I said unhooking the white helmet. I also passed him the clips to put inside his backpack. 

"I told you I didn't need a ride," he said taking both objects. 

"To bad," I responded. Percy put on the helmet and crossed his arms. He kept his visor up.

"Fine. But I'm driving." I laughed and put the kickstand down. 

"We do gotta go to get gas before heading to my place," I said. Climbing off, Percy climbed onto the front seat and I got on the back. Percy kicked the stand up and took off. Surprised, I quickly wrapped my arms around his midsection. I glanced at the speedometer and took note that Percy was quickly going faster and faster, staying steady at ten miles over the speed limit. 

He found a gas station fairly quickly, and pulled in. It only took a couple minutes, before we took off again. Looking in the mirror, I noticed Percy's relaxed face. We made it to my neighborhood fairly quickly. I pointed to the garage that the motorcycle belonged to. Before he pulled in, he let me off in the driveway so he could pull in safely.

Soon we were walking into my house. 

"Why didn't you tell me you could ride a motorcycle?" I asked, closing the front door. 

"It never came up," he responded. We started walking up the stairs. "You were holding on fairly tight, though." I felt myself blushing.

"I thought you were going to go closer to the speed limit," I defended. Percy laughed. I couldn't help but smile at him. We walked upstairs in silence. When we got into my bedroom, Percy sat in the chair by my desk.

"How do you do that?" he asked. I sat on my bed.

"What do you mean?" 

"I was in a pretty shitty mood, for obvious reasons. I don't know what you did but--" Percy trailed off. I shrugged.

"I dunno. Guess I'm just awesome like that." Percy laughed.

"I guess you're right," he said. I turned the TV on and switched it to Netflix, turning it to my favorite karate show. 

"If you are team Miyagi-Do, I am disowning you," I said.

"Nah, I'm with Johnny's Cobra Kai," he said. I nodded in approval. We watched the show in peace. I noticed Percy texting someone. He smiled slightly bore shutting his screen off. 

I am in a really good mood for some reason. I have no idea why. It might have something to do with the fact that I got to look at a ton of motorcycles for this chapter. I seriously can't wait till I finish learning how to ride a motorcycle. I started learning at my cousin's house, but then COVID hit and ruined everything. 

After work today, my dad picked me up on one of his bikes (he has two and my mom has one). Because the helmet I use is packed, my mom let me use hers, and it is seriously badass. 

Please ignore the mess lol

Please ignore the mess lol. Also I only put the helmet there for the picture, it has a much safer spot on a chair, out of the way of danger! The other side is identical. The back has two more of those skulls, connected by another pink rose. It is much smaller on the back, barely reaching a fourth of the way up.