Chapter 38

Percy's POV:

I was sitting in my first period class, having got to school early. I didn't want to be in the cafeteria, worried everyone would be pissed that I bailed on them. I felt someone sit next to me. 

"Are you okay?" Leo asked. I shrugged, not sure if I was okay. I was still shaken up from yesterday. Every time I closed my eyes, I still saw the bodies of my friends. Leo didn't say anything else for a couple minutes.

"Everyone was really worried about you." I gripped my arm slightly tighter, still staring at my desk. "I mean this in the best way possible, but you look like trash. Do you need to go home?"

"I'm fine," I said quietly. I could tell I wasn't convincing. 

"If you need to talk about anything..." Leo trailed off. I shook my head. I then laid my head down on my arms. I kept my face hidden, scared I would start crying. That wouldn't help convince him that I was okay. I heard Leo pull out his phone. 

I glanced at the clock, seeing there was an hour left for classes to start. I sighed and closed my eyes, planning on taking a short nap. 

"Did you finish the homework?" Leo asked.

"No," I responded, trying to shut the conversation down. 

"Alright." Leo quit talking again, but only for a couple seconds. "Why weren't you at the park yesterday? You don't have to answer, I'm just curious."

"Something came up, sorry I didn't text or call." I half looked at Leo to see his reaction. He gave a half nod, accepting his answer. I put my head back down. "Maybe we can reschedule." 

My voice was muffled. I heard Leo chuckle next to me.

"You're acting like you have a choice. We will continue to reschedule until we actually get to hang out." I laughed with Leo. I sat up, deciding to be less rude. 

"You guys aren't mad at me, are you?" I tried to not let the worry seep into my voice.

"Of course not, why would we be?" Leo turned to me, confused. 

"I bailed on you guys, and didn't call or text with an explanation." I looked back down at my desk. 

"No, everyone just wanted to make sure you were okay. We were worried because it isn't like you to not text or anything." I smiled slightly. "Let's hang out after school. I'll invite everyone over. We can all go to my house."

I nodded in agreement. 

***

Only a few people were able to make it to Leo's house. Jason, Annabeth, Leo and I were all hanging around in Leo's room. Leo and Jason were both sitting on the bed, Annabeth was on the floor and I was sitting at the desk.

"Okay, but okay. Here me out. Women are so much more confusing," Jason exclaimed. 

"No, no, no! Men only say that because they know full well they are so much more confusing." Annabeth crossed her arms. The two blondes turned to Leo.

"What is your opinion?" they said at the same time. 

"Everyone is super confusing," Leo said. "What is harder to figure is who is hotter."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Think about it. Everyone is so hecking pretty!" Leo said. 

"Broskey, since when do you find everyone pretty?" Jason asked confused.

"I mean, it isn't a secret." Leo laughed to himself.

"How did we not know this?" Annabeth asked. Leo shrugged. "Can I text everyone?"

"I don't care. I one hundred percent thought everyone knew I was pan." Leo laughed. 

"No, no one knew." Jason said, shocked. "Did you know?" he asked me.

"I mean, I knew he wasn't straight. I really didn't care though." I shrugged. "I also thought you all knew. It isn't that hard to see."

"Guys, it's not that big of a deal," Leo said looking at his phone. 

"Hey, it wasn't my idea!" Annabeth protested. Looking at my phone, I saw that Piper had suggested throwing a party.

"You know full well, she just wants an excuse to get everyone together. It's hard to schedule something to where everyone can make it," Jason said, laughing.

"A 'coming out' party is still unnecessary." I laughed at Leo slightly. 

"We all know you can't escape it. It sounds fun," Annabeth said. I nodded in agreement.

Everyone continued laughing and joking around. I found my mind wandering. I shook away the images from last night. I enjoyed watching how everyone interacted with each other. They really loved each other. They are also kind enough to show me the same amount of love. Though I struggle with reciprocating it, they are patient with me.

It was hard for me to believe that I was lucky enough to find a group of friends like these. I was very glad that they never had to meet Gabe as well. 

Y'all sorry it's short. Also, y'all are no longer my puppies, you are now my children. 

Thank you all for sticking with this mess of of story (and a mess of an author.)

I love you all so much <3