Chapter 27

Nico POV:

Everyone was understandably upset by the news. Sometimes I regret telling them, but then I realize that they understand what I'm going through. They loved Bianca just as much as I did. Everytime I start to regret telling them, I remind myself, I'm not alone.

Walking towards my math class, I bumped into someone. I looked up from the floor, knocked out of my thoughts. I stared into the blue eyes of Will Solace. I felt heat rise to my face as I stood in front of the blonde.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," I said, my voice rushed.

"Its alright," Will said laughing. "What class are you headed to?"

"Math," I said, awkwardly. He smiled at me warmly. He then held out his arm towards me.

"May I have the honor of escorting you to class?" A small smile played on my lips as I nodded. Will scooped my arm in his and he led ms to my class. He goofed off a bit. When we reached the classroom door.

"Thanks," I smiled at him and walked inside. He nodded and waved to me, then went to his own class. I took my seat next to Jason.

"Who are you and what have you done with my friend," Jason accused.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You walked into class wearing the largest smile I have ever seen on you." He pointed to the door. "Who were you talking to?"

I smiled again. At that, Jason raised his eyebrows. "It was Will Solace." He smiled.

"Really, the same Will Solace you have been pining after since the seventh grade?" I nodded slightly.

"Yeah. I bumped into him in the hall and he 'escorted' me to math," I said. I used quotations around the word 'escorted'.

"Smooth," Jason said, laughing.

"Shut up," I muttered. Jason laughed again. The teacher decided at that moment to pull the class's attention. We all pulled out our textbooks. We worked from the books for about 15 minutes when the fire alarm went off.

I was confused because teachers, even though they aren't supposed to, usually earn us. I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door next to Jason. He was on his phone texting everyone else to see if we could meet up after the teacher marked us as here.

"Leo isnt responding, but everyone else is going to meet up near the swim center," he informed me. I nodded.

Someone else fell in beside me. "Hello again," Will said. I nodded in acknowledgment, not knowing where he came from.

"Hey," Jason said to him casually. Then to me he said, "I'm going to go find Leo." He waved goodbye and disappeared from my sight.

"What was that about?" Will looked at me, confused.

"Hes just...weird." I said. Will smiled at me. We walked in a comfortable silence the rest of the way.