Chapter 9

I look to Emily, who's solidly silently sobbing. "Mari, that's enough." Wes says, gently pulling Mari away us. "Wes? Were you behind this?" I ask, anger seeping into my voice. "Not really. Mari pulled me aside and told me to confess my feelings to Emily. I guess she took it to far when we saw you guys kiss." He confesses, looking down at the ground. "So you let Mari do this? Let her expose Emily's past?" I screamed, getting angrier by the second. The Smosh guys came in, Joven coming over and gently grabbing Emily, leading her out of the room.

Ian, Anthony, and Lasercorn quickly moved intoaction: Ian restraining me, my arms trapped behind my back while Anthonyrestrained Wes. Lasercorn grabbed Mari and pulled her out of the room, anger onhis face evident. "You piece of shit! Look what you've done!" I yelled,struggling against Ian. "I didn't want to! I love her! I want to protect her,something you won't do! You don't know how! You just would lie down and be apeacemaker! That's how you lost your last girlfriend!" Wes yells back,thrashing against Anthony. The girlfriend remark was a low blow, and we allknow. My last girlfriend Rebecca had broken up with me because apparently Iwouldn't stand up for myself, or wouldn't attack the haters on her. I hatedmyself for what had happened and refused to be happy for months, leading to theSmosh guys to have an intervention. It never worked, and I was still fightingoff the demons from the depression that I was in. The room goes silent as I take in Wes'sremark. "How dare you! I will always protect her! From everyone, and I don'tcare what she's done in the past!" I screamed back. Wes finally breaks freefrom Anthony's grasp, Anthony slightly falling back from the force and I breakfree from Ian's. We walk towards each other, about to start a fight before Ianbreaks through to us. "Both of you stop! This isn't about you two! You need tostop this and think about Emily! She's breaking down and she needs you, Matt!"Ian yells. Wes and I both stop, and look at each other. "I'm not going tofinish this, because MY girlfriend needs me. Stay away from me." I sneered, andleft to go find my girl.