Chapter 39

Hey guys, it's Rage. I'm going to warn you that this chapter is going to have some triggering content, mentioning abusive relationships, eating disorders and self-harm. These are things that I used as an element of fiction, but I despise these things in real life. So please, if you, or someone you know is going through these things, please reach out. My inbox is always open, and there is always someone to help you through things. I love you all. If you're not comfortable with the chapter, feel free to skip this chapter, and I'll post a recap next week. 

Matt's POV 

I sit down in Emily's chair, swivelling towards her desk and pulling myself closer to her computer, and I open up a new browser on her desktop, which was a picture of the two of us for her background. 

(Imagine this is them) 

 I quickly typed in youtube to the search engine and clicked on the link that opened the website, and opened her profile. I could see her subscriber count had grown since she had tweeted she was joining Smosh Games, and she was now almost at 16,000,000! I was so proud of her, but I remembered what I was doing, and I got back into my mission. I clicked on her private videos, and plugged in headphones so that the others couldn't hear the video, and opened the only one on the playlist; one titled, "I lied." I clicked play on the video, and the screen changed to show my Angel, her hair pulled back into a pony tail, her skin sickly pale, her eyes filled with tears and her voice shaky. 

"Hello everyone, and you've probably noticed the title of the video, and it's not clickbait. I lied to you all... I lied about my relationship with Shayne. On the outside, we looked like the perfect couple, the ones who would always post cute things about each other, always hold hands out in public and make sure that we were always being affectionate with each other in public, but behind closed doors... Shayne was abusive. He would be verbally abusive towards me; telling me I was lucky he had lowered his standards enough so that he could even been seen in public with him, I needed to lose weight, and that if he ever cheated on me it was my fault, because I wouldn't try to become prettier for him. That's what pushed me to develop an eating disorder. I would eat the smallest portions possible, and then I would immediately go to the bathroom and throw it up, and I have been doing this for almost a year now. I'm still doing it and I working to stop it everyone, I promise. On top of that, I've been... self-harming. I'm sorry you guys. I tried to be strong, and I tried to make sure that I was being the role model you all wanted, but I'm not. I can't be a hero, when I'm still trying to save myself. I'm... I'm sorry."
 With that the video ends, and I sit there with tears streaming down my cheeks as I learn the story of her abusive ex-boyfriend. I decided not to let this go unnoticed... It was time for Ian and Anthony to learn the truth about one of their employees. 

I felt so weird writing the dialogue for the video! PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT AND NO ONE CAN TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY! 

A quick note~ 

Shayne and Emily were dating from December 2013-2015, but they broke up in January, and the current time is 2015. Emily developed her eating disorder about a month after being with Shayne,  and then started self harming after three months with being with Shayne but believed him when he said all of the nasty things about her. So they didn't break up until she caught him cheating. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO 1.1K! I LOVE YOU GUYS! 

XOXOXO
Rage