Chapter 46

I looked at the screen in absolute silence. Behind me, I could feel Matt wrap an arm around my waist, pulling me into his side as he tried his best to comfort me as he occasionally kissed my temple in effort to remind me that he was there for me. I could hear Wes breathe in heavily as he did his best to stay calm against all odds, and Joshua starts pacing around the room as he panics due to the absolute chaos we were now in. David seethes beside me in quiet anger from the situation and Flitz doesn't even know what to do. We all moved our chairs to sit down in a circle, and began brainstorming. "What the hell are we going to do?" Joshua asks, moving his glasses and rubbing his head in an effort to try to get the blood flowing. "We can't even release a video explaining our situation. It's too close to when Mari released it, and it would look like we were just trying to combat her video, and we would look like we were trying to manipulate the narrative. She's controlling the narrative right now." I say, rubbing my arms as I look down at the carpet, focusing on the stains on the carpet and trying to imagine where they came from. "So we find proof that she attacked you and that she as fired due to her actions." David pipes in with his own suggestion and given as it's the only idea that would even be slightly achievable, we go with it. We are all given tasks that are supposedly going to achieve David's crazy idea; Matt is going to call the restaurant and try to get the footage of Mari switching the tickets, Joshua is trying to get the footage of the hospital where Mari confronted Matt and Wes, and Wes, Flitz and David are looking through the security footage of the destruction of the room so that we have some sort of evidence of every act that she had done against us. I was on social media control, trying to fan the flames so that we all didn't crash and burn. This was not going to be easy but we weren't going down without a fight. Get ready Mari, we were going to play this game to the death.