Chapter 45

I reach forward and click on the video; afraid for what I will see. Mari could literally launch a full blown attack on Smosh and Smosh Games for what has happened. The video starts up with Mari sitting in front of the camera, with tear stained makeup and messed up hair, in an old ripped up Smosh shirt. " I have to tell the truth. I will not be a victim of silence and I will not be shown to be a victim of this. I was never going to leave Smosh. It was never going to be my plan to leave Smosh Games; I wanted to be there until I retired. I never wanted to leave since I had fallen in love. I fell in love with Matthew Sohinki, but then a certain blonde haired witch entered our lives. I love you Matthew, I still do and once you realize that that blondie is controlling you; I will be waiting for you. The truth is that Ian and Anthony tried to replace me with Emily AKA RagingFangirl. How is that? She comes out to do a gamebang that I invited her to, and she steals my spot in the cast! She manipulated her way into the cast of Smosh Games, so the next time you watch that channel; remember this video." I look away from the screen to see a look of anger painted onto Matt's face, and I grab his hand to lend him some comfort, and to have a sense of ground myself. He flits his eyes over to me, and squeezes my hand as the video continues to play. "Emily used to be one of my best friends, and it was one of my ideas to have her come onto the show, but clearly that turned out to be a mistake as before she even stepped on camera, she had seduced Matt. He was under her spell and I wouldn't be surprised if something went down in the car between them, but clearly he was following her. She then worked her magic somehow to get herself onto the cast of Smosh Games and replacing me effectively. Now I am without a job, and I have no one. I can't even begin to describe how upset I am, and all I want is to have my friends back. I'm sorry everyone, I'm sorry if I let down the Smosh family and I am sorry to say there won't be many videos for a while. I need to process this. Thank You." The video ends, and no one knows what to do. Every word out of Mari's video was a lie but she was now controlling the narrative; the power was in her hands as she had released a video first, and the fans could have easily believed her over me. She was the fan favourite and I was the newcomer onto the channel; all I had was credibility from my youtube career and even that came with some help from my friends. We were totally screwed right now, and now we just had to wait for the numbers to drop, or to fire back with a retaliation video to try and make us look like the victim in all of this, but we could look even more desperate if we released it right away. Mari had just called checkmate, and we were waiting for her to knock our piece off of the board.