You Can Trust Me

Pairing(s): Platonic Analogical

Warnings: Some self-deprecation

Prompt: "Don't mind me. I'll just be in the corner having another existential crisis."
________________________
Logic didn't usually think much of emotions or feelings as the mere idea of them made him shudder. The thing with Logic is that sometimes (or most of the time really) emotions only got in the way of conjuring up tactical and successful strategies of dealing with a problem. With all of the restrictions on what was and was not acceptable, what would and would not impact a person's emotional state negatively, and what would be and would not be the most sensible way of resolving an issue whilst still considering a person's feelings. This was obviously limiting to the usefulness and predictability of any logical solution. And that was what he embodied. Logic.

He couldn't stand these feelings. They just managed to make everything complicated, not of much use to anyone. Without them, everyone could be honest without fearing the consequence of hurting someone's feelings. Ugh, just the word caused his skin to crawl.

And yet, here he was, speaking with the man who was literally the embodiment of emotion. The embodiment of Thomas' heart. Morality.

His childish grin never failed to confuse Logic. What was there to be excited about? They were simply conversing about Thomas' wellbeing and whether they should go and assist him with a certain issue he was having with Anxiety. Not a particularly uplifting topic.

"So, I propose that we should counteract Anxiety's negative comments with a much more realistic and comforting argument. Do you believe this is a necessary course of action?"

Morality hummed and then nodded his head curtly, his smile never wavering. Seriously, Logic couldn't comprehend why the man was so giddy all of the time! Brushing these thoughts from his mind, the 'teacher' quickly appeared in front of Thomas and Anxiety. Their startled gasps surprisingly amused Logic. The fatherly and yet so puerile Morality popped up next, giggling at the next pair of alarmed sounds that emitted from both Anxiety and Thomas.

"What are you guys doing here?" Thomas asked, clearly attempting to half his pounding heart by covering the left side of his chest with a hand.

Unable to stop himself, Logic spewed out a fact about the heart and its placement in the body. "We're here to offer our help on a problem you are currently experiencing with Anxiety. Also, it's pointless covering the left side of your chest to possibly decrease the speed of your heart. The cardiovascular muscle is actually located between the right and left lung, in the middle of the chest and only slightly towards the left of the breastbone."

Thomas faltered and he blinked a few times, as if trying to process the knowledge before speaking. "Uh-huh. So you're both here to help me?"

Morality nodded eagerly. "Actually, we're here to help the pair of you. I've noticed that Anxiety seems to be more quiet than usual, which is pretty worrying."

"I don't really... talk much anyway..." Anxiety explained, seeming to be genuinely puzzled by the accusations that Morality was making.

Despite not expressing his concerns to Logic before appearing in the real world, the articulate man could not deny his own theories and observations of Anxiety. He hummed and scratched his chin, thinking deeply about how he could word his worries.

"Actually Anxiety, " He started, "I have noticed an obvious alteration in how you act and behave around us. For some indefinite reason, you have been seemingly walking on eggshells around us recently. Why is that? We have no specific reason to hold any negative feelings towards you."