Nickname

Pairing(s): Prinxiety

Warnings: Slight arguing (?)

Prompt: "I hope you choke on that watermelon seed."
________________________
It was a calm day.

A lot of issues had been solved between the four sides and Thomas, and Anxiety was pleased. Even Prince had given him a reason as to why he should stay with Thomas. And the darker trait couldn't get it out of his mind.

His chest felt tighter as he thought about what they all had said, but for some reason, hearing Prince say what he did made Anxiety feel wanted. And that was all it took for him to make his decision.

Of course, not much had changed between them.

"Good afternoon, Marilyn Monwoe."

Rolling his eyes fondly, Anxiety kept the bored expression painted on his face as he grunted in reply. The brightly dressed man shot him a quick smile before turning to enter the kitchen. He had been receiving that irritating smile more frequently since they brought him back, and it was ruining his gloomy and intimidating exterior.

The crimson on his cheeks ruined his whole 'alternative edgy' look, and the fluttering in his stomach stopped him from acting grouchy.

As Prince appeared once again, he took a seat beside the dark persona and took a bite of his watermelon slice. Offering him a quick glance, Anxiety folded his arms. "Haven't you already used Marilyn Monroe for a nickname?"

"I have?" Prince asked, crossing one leg over the other. "Oh well, I will simply come up with more names then."

With a smirk, Anxiety nodded. "Can't wait."

For a few moments, it was quiet, and neither of them knew what to say. They had been sworn enemies for so long that 'hanging out' was unusual. Soon however, the royal trait took another noisy bite out of his fruit, causing Anxiety to flinch and bite the inside of his cheek. Why did he have to be so loud all of the time?

Another bite. Flinch

Another bite. "Oh my god!"

Hearing his friends yell, Prince raised an eyebrow and turned to him. "What is wrong with you?"

"Can you eat that any louder?!" Anxiety cried, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

After a moment, Prince grinned mischievously and dragged out the crunch of his next bite. This only made the younger trait's heart drum loudly within his chest, which did not bode well. He was tired of feeling so strange around Prince.

Glaring dangerously at the older man, Anxiety pulled his legs up to his chest and he muttered curses under his breath. "Wait, that isn't the last watermelon slice, is it?"

Prince's grin widened and Anxiety groaned in frustration. "I hope you choke on that watermelon seed."

A snort caused his cheeks to burn once again. He didn't find it cute. Not at all.

Without warning, there was a strained gasp, and then a desperate cough. Anxiety's eyes widened in fear as he realised that his 'wish' had come true. He raised his hand in the air and held Prince's shoulder with the other.

Despite feeling his skin tingle at the thought of being so close to the royal, Anxiety slapped his hand against the man's back, waiting until he inhaled sharply, his lungs begging for air. He then took in a few raspy breaths and leaned forward tiredly.

Removing his hand from Prince's shoulder, the darker trait curled it over his chest in an attempt to keep him up.

Anxiety swallowed nervously. "Hey! Are you alright?"

"That's... That's the second time you have rescued me."

Feeling two hands grasp into the sleeve of his hoodie, Anxiety rubbed the now not-so arrogant man's back soothingly. "Just take deep breaths, that's it. And well, yeah. I'm not just going to sit here and watch you choke, moron."

A light hearted chuckle caught his attention. "You are strangely skilled at comforting people, Virgil. Thank you."

"Uh, thanks. I am definitely still not used to you calling me that."

Prince turned his head to face him, and that ridiculously attractive smile was back. "I think it's a beautiful name."

Why was his heart beating so loudly?

Oh god.

He didn't know how to respond without his voice cracking, so he hummed and nodded, trying to convey his gratitude to him. With a tiny smile, the more cheerful trait commented on how he was glad that they could get along. What was with him?

"Are you sure you're alright, Princey?"

Furrowing his eyebrows, Prince nodded. "Yes..."

Then he smirked. "I'm feeling like a witch's fondest dream!"

Nightmare Before Christmas quotes, obviously.

Anxiety smiled softly and nodded, pulling away from the older trait and standing up. The common room was getting too social for him. Before he could leave however, Prince looked up at him and poured. "Why do you ask?"

Not really knowing how to say it, Anxiety sighed. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure?" Prince asked, concern beginning to taint his voice. "You can talk to me, Virgil."

Whenever he called Anxiety by his the name, the darkly dressed trait felt the air leave his lungs.

In an attempt to change the atmosphere in the room, Anxiety shrugged. "I'm fine. And you can call me Virge."

Did it have any relevance? No, but he couldn't stand the pounding of his heart.

"Okay. Calm down, edgelord."

Anxiety almost snorted at that nickname, but managed to stifle it and replace it with a scoff. His amusement faded as he felt something warm pressing into the palm of his hand. The warmth then laced through his fingers, causing him to give Prince a rather shocked look.

His reply was a sweet smile. "If you need to talk about anything, feel free to call for me. Just prepare for my strange method of comforting. Have a good day. See you later, Virge."

Then he was gone.

Collapsing onto the sofa, Anxiety covered his flushed face with his hands and sunk into his hoodie. The pounding in his chest was deafening, and his lungs had forgotten their function. Although it was silent, Prince's voice continuously rang in his ears. His smile swam through his mind, ruining his dull eyes with a gleeful spark.

He could never let Prince call him Virge again.
________________________
Hi! I hope you liked this! I'm not sure if I like it or not... Oh well, at least I finally updated!

I have a different and cute chapter coming up! So be prepared!

Okay, so many people requested this one. Thank you to:
•StarOfLightning
•lovesPTXandFOB
•bemorehansen
•bellaships
•booperlovesdooper
•TheSuperMays
•Clianta233 (kind of)
•Hugz4life (kind of)
•BriarPines (except they wanted Prince to say it)
•PsychoticSanders
•JishuwaBunny
•foxyxtoyfoxyormangle (except they wanted Prince to say it)
•awkwardbeann
•SollisaLuna (except they wanted Prince to say it)

Love y'all! Stay cute!