Support

Pairing(s): Platonic or romantic Moxiety

Warnings: Slight anxiety/panicking (?)

Prompt: "I am not the one you want for this job."
________________________
Virgil didn't want to be here.

Kids made him extremely uncomfortable, mostly because they made him feel like a moron. Yes, they were supposed to be less intelligent than adults, but they could certainly destroy the sanity of anyone with their childish logic and humour.

He stood outside of the school, waiting for his friend Thomas's little girl, Ellie. Despite hating children, Virgil could put up with her.

"Hello?"

A male voice sounded from inside of the gates, calling over to him. He glanced over to the source nervously. Human interaction wasn't one of his strong points.

Luckily, the man that appeared in front of him seemed sweet enough. He had a grey cardigan wrapped around his shoulders and a pair of chocolate eyes that seemed to melt his anxiety away.

"Hello? Sir, is there a child you're waiting for?"

Snapping out of his revere, Virgil nodded shyly. "Yeah, Ellie Sanders?"

The bright man nodded and grinned widely, explaining how her class would be let out in only a minute or two. Virgil offered him a small smile before gripping his phone tightly and using it as a clutch to escape this social interaction.

Instead of leaving him he however, the bubbly and curious man stepped forward and leaned against the metal arch. "Your hoodie is cute, it looks really warm."

"Uh..." Virgil's voice refused to work with him, "thank you. I got it from my friend Logan-"

Suddenly, a high pitched squeal cut him off. "Virgil!"

Oh dear.

Almost immediately, he had his arms full of red and black and blonde. His lips tugged into a smile and he chuckled, picking her up and hugging her tightly. "Sup. How was your day at school?"

"I ate two pieces of cake!"

She was definitely Thomas's daughter.

Virgil chuckled again. "That sounds awesome."

"But I also bit someone's pen and it broke."

Why?

Rolling his eyes fondly, the darkly dressed man placed her back on the ground and looked at her with the best stern expression he could muster. "Did you at least say sorry?"

Ellie grinned and nodded vigorously. "Yeah, but he wouldn't stop crying. I felt really, really bad."

With a loose shrug of his shoulders, Virgil smiled at her warmly. "Well, saying sorry is all you can do. I'm sure they will forgive you tomorrow. It's not like you bit his finger in half."

Giggling lightly, Ellie nodded. "I hope so!"

Smiling softly, the man who Virgil assumed to be a teacher stepped in. "You are really good with her. Have you ever thought of becoming a teacher yourself? Or perhaps even just getting a position at a school?"

Virgil laughed nervously. "Actually, no. School's make me anxious."

"We have a position as a supply teacher! You should try out!"

Another awkward laugh escaped Virgil's lips. "I am not the one you want for this job."

The teacher stuck out his hand and shrugged. "You never know. I'm Patton, by the way."

"Oh... I'm Virgil."

This man was rather optimistic, and that was slightly infuriating to Virgil.

However, over time Patton had quelled his fear of being around younger kids and... he tried out for the supply teacher, with recommendation from Patton.

When he got the job, Virgil felt the nerves kick in, but Patton was there through it all. If he ever got scared before teaching a lesson, Patton would give him a ten minute prep talk, a clap on the shoulder, and a hug.

That always worked.
________________________
Hiii! I hope you all enjoyed this, even if the ending was a bit rushed. Sorry!

Requested by DKAllen2012!

Love y'all! Stay cute and I'll write again soon!

No requests!