Steps Like Dewdrops

Pairing(s): Thomas Sanders x Jon Cozart

Warnings: Mention of anxiety and slight panicking (?)

Prompt: Your OTP's music/dance teacher holds a contest for the best couple dance. The prize? Extra credit.

Person A desperately needs the extra credit, and Person B is the only one left to join. Being the shyest/grumpiest/most antisocial kid in their class, Person B doesn't want to do it.

Person A signs them up as a couple anyway.

There were a load of bonuses but I'm not going to write them down. However, you can check them out in the book that the reader who requested it got it from! It's called OTP Imagines 3 by Drunk-Hamilton. All of their prompts are super adorable!
________________________
Oh boy.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Jon really needed that prize, and he wasn't going to stop until he got it! His mischievous azure gaze searched for the right victim; the one he would partner up with.

There was only one boy left. Thomas Sanders.

He was a rather seclusive boy, and Jon didn't know too much about him. The taller man had mousy brown hair that swept over his face, not exactly covering his eyes, but hiding them from the light so that they appeared emptier than they were. His mocha eyes were actually bright, and they flickered around the room anxiously, attempting to identify any possible threats. Jon almost felt guilty as he made his way over to the boy.

"Uh, hey? Could I ask you something?"

Raising his head slightly to give him a troubled look, Thomas nodded slowly and pulled at the hem of his shirt under his desk. Jon made sure to give him a reassuring smile before speaking. "Well, I know we don't really talk that much, but I was wondering whether you would partner up with me for the couple dance contest?"

A tiny flame of surprise lit up the shy man's face before he lowered his gaze, downcast as the fire was watered away. "I'm really sorry, but I don't think that would be a good idea. I don't think I would be good in front of so many people."

"I'll teach you!" Jon exclaimed, knowing that Thomas's anxiety was the only reason he was declining the offer.

And he was correct. Thomas loved watching people dance, and had always wondered what it would be like to move around so gracefully, so freely. To not have a single care in the world. To express how he felt with no words. Words usually failed him, anyway.

Without answering, Thomas stood and left to go to the bathroom. At this, Jon sighed sadly, and decided that he wanted to try and help Thomas somehow. And so, he signed them both up.

However, as soon as he did so, he realised how badly Thomas could react. If he didn't want to, then it's not like Jon could force him to dance. God, he was a terrible person.

About twenty minutes later, Jon spotted the object of his guilt enter the room once again. Class would be ending in a total of twelve minutes, and Jon wasn't completely sure on how he would tell the nervous boy about their spot in the contest. Perhaps he could ask the teacher to take their names off of the list?

"It is so wonderful that all of you have entered the contest!" The teacher exclaimed, crossing his arms and grinning widely.

Nope. That was no longer happening.

Thomas snapped his head over to look at him, and the shorter man felt his heart sink in guilt. Why did he have to be so impulsive? He just wanted to help Thomas, but how did he know for sure that Thomas liked dancing? It's not as if they had ever spoken to one another before.