I Can't Believe You: Part Two

Pairing(s): Platonic or romantic Moxiety

Warnings: None

Prompt: You know this is your fault."

"You're the one who took the dog!"

Last Chapter:
His mocha eyes met Morality's, and unintentionally, his lips curled into a sweet smile. In his dreams, he heard the echoing of a high bark, until it was replaced with the giggles of sunlight. Riddles created pathways to clouds of melted chocolate and vanilla. And through all of his, a familiar warmth embraced his hand, and sent impulses of sugar through the this veins until it reached his mouth, where a glowing half-moon appeared. Never disappearing into the darkness of the night.
________________________
When he awoke, Anxiety felt an overwhelming warmth wrap around him, like comforting chains of protection. The furry bundle beside him was missing, but he didn't seem to notice, only feeling an unfamiliar sense of peace and gosh he was so warm.

It was difficult, but he finally managed to open his eyes, but only saw a clear sky. Was he outside? That would explain the rays of sunlight that were embracing him so tightly.

No. He couldn't be. Why would he be outside?

Forcing himself to move ever-so-slightly, the dark trait glanced up at his captor after hearing them give a sleepy grumble. Morality? Why was he in the arms of someone so bright? Someone so happy all the time?

"Anxiety...?" The paternal trait mumbled groggily, yawning rather cutely before opening his eyes. That sweet flavour of chocolate appeared on lo Anxiety's tongue once again. "Why do you look so frightened, kiddo?"

Not knowing what to say, the darkly dressed man shrugged and looked away from Morality's concerned gaze.

Before either of them could speak, a tiny ball of fluff pounced on the two of them. Tilly was seemingly jealous of the affection being displayed them both.

Morality giggled loudly as he kissed the little puppy on her head, rubbing her back and cuddling her. The connection between them made Anxiety both jovial... and angry. Why?

"Tilly? What are you-" Thomas's voice echoed down the stairs before he found the animal nuzzling Morality's cheek lovingly. He smiled softly. "Good morning, guys."

Both traits returned the greeting as they stood up, making sure that they didn't harm Tilly.

Anxiety sank down, still feeling awkward about what had occurred between him and Morality. As he attempted to escape to his room, he felt the warmth from the night before wrap around his fingers lightly.

"Kiddo? Are you alright? I didn't mean to scare you this morning."

Biting his lip, the dark trait turned to look at the worried man, who suddenly chuckled heartily. "I suppose we accidentally got super close when we were sleeping, hm? Still, I really liked it. It felt like I was keeping you safe, and that you were keeping me safe! Am I being weird? Overthinking it maybe?"

While Morality rambled on about how wonderful it was, Anxiety felt a fluttering sensation scratch his stomach, giving birth to yet more nerves. He almost smiled in amusement as he tuned in to what the older trait was babbling.

"It's kind of like when Tarzan's mom cuddled baby Tarzan, except I'm not a gorilla, and we weren't in a jungle. Although the mess in Thomas's living room made it feel like one-"

"Dad, chill." Anxiety smirked, giving the bubbly man's hand a reassuring squeeze.

Morality smiled sheepishly and apologised, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand. Rolling his eyes fondly, the anxious trait attempted to slip his hand out of the parental trait's, but was unable to. "Um-Anxiety? Do you maybe want to watch a movie? With me, I mean?"

Despite feeling surprised at his offer, Anxiety nodded slowly and sat in the common room as the other man chose a movie. He was grateful that Morality knew how much he hated such pressure being put on him. There was no way he would be able to choose a movie without freaking out.

The movie he chose was Tarzan. Anxiety couldn't help but find this kind of cute, considering what he has been ranting on about not too long before.

He hid a smile as Morality sat down beside him and let out a giddy squeal.
________________________
Around half an hour into the movie, Anxiety felt his eyes drooping, and his body was sliding to the side as they did so. However, before he could fall asleep, Morality wrapped an arm around his shoulders, pulling him to rest on his shoulder.

So warm...

"If you fall asleep, don't worry about it, okay?"

Morality's voice felt like honey pouring through his ears and sending sweet messages to his brain. It eased his nerves and he nodded, subconsciously curling closer to the unearthly warmth resting beside him. His hands gripped onto the sky and he could smell the scent of cotton candy clouds as they embraced him in a firm, protective hold.

Circles were being rubbed into his back, ensuring that positive vibes were massaged into his skin. Not even the darkness of his hoodie could block the pure bliss that the feeling gave him.

It was funny. Anxiety felt just as safe as Morality said before.

Not that he would ever admit it.
________________________
Hi! I hope you all liked the second part! Just plain fluffiness!

Love y'all! Stay cute!

Feel free to make requests!