For Better or For Worse

Pairing(s): Prinxiety

Warnings: None

Prompt: "You don't like snuggling or a lot of touching, but when you're asleep you're a cuddler for better or for worse."
________________________
Prince really had no idea how he had gotten himself into his current situation.

All he had done was ask the others to watch a movie with him, it was simple. Thomas was the one who had suggested the movie night, in fact! So how on earth was he in this position?!

Biting his lip nervously, the trait glanced beside him, where he felt his darker companion snuggle closer to him. He felt his skin tingle as his hand brushed the skin of Anxiety's arm. What if he woke up and misinterpreted the situation? Prince didn't think he could handle that kind of embarrassment, so he tried conjuring up a plan on what he should do.

He was supposed to be a strong and courageous hero! How could he possibly be so afraid of something as simple as a cuddle? Well, that was rather easily answered actually.

Never in a million years would he have guessed that Anxiety was a cuddler.

Considering the sides very closed off and hostile personality, Prince had just assumed that he was simply not someone who appreciated physical contact, which was of course, completely fine. However, his sudden predicament had caused the usually oh-so confident persona to actually re-evaluate his view of his companion. Maybe he was so reserved because he was just hiding how much he was actually longing for affection?

Slowly, Prince felt the original nerves slip away and he gazed at his sleeping friend curiously. Of course their position had been a complete accident; Anxiety was simply too tired and just happened to lean to one side. Prince's side.

His eyelashes rested on his cheekbones gently, as if they were also in the midst of a slumber. Prince remembered the dark eyeshadow that usually resided underneath his syrup coloured eyes, contrasting to the specks of mocha and grey also dancing within them. Unfortunately for the gloomy trait, the makeup had been smudged and wiped away by the sleeve of Prince's outfit- how irritating. He was definitely going to force Anxiety to wash his clothes later.

The royal trait couldn't help but notice something. Something that absolutely terrified him. Anxiety looked positively adorable when sleeping. The lack of makeup only gave him the beautiful natural glow that he usually had missing from his features. This realisation terrified him because he wasn't supposed to find Anxiety attractive. But he did.

Oh god, what was he going to do? He was never going to be able to unsee this.

His heart shoved the nerves back into his body by drumming mercilessly inside of his chest. This obviously caused Prince to worry about Anxiety hearing this and waking up. The panic set into his lungs and he breathed shallow breaths to try and prevent the darker trait from waking up, but this only caused Anxiety to wriggle about and grip Prince tighter, his arm throwing itself across the almost hysterical sides stomach. All Prince could focus on was the unusual warmth radiating from Anxiety, and how it was sending shivers up his spine. The worst thought that he had however, was the fact that he was enjoying the closeness!

A sleepy murmur caused Prince to tense up and cement him in place.

"Princey...? What...?"

Oh no.

It took a few moments for Anxiety to realise their position. One of his arms tucked between Prince's waist and grasping the royal's own arm, the other holding onto his waist, he then noticed their legs beginning to intertwine, and his face nestled close to the crook of Prince's neck. The stunned gleam in his eyes pushed him away from the brighter trait. They were both frozen.

"I-Um... I'm not really sure on how to read this situation." Anxiety admitted, even though the only thing stopping him from being able to read the situation was the slowness of his brain, and how his shock was preventing him from processing anything.

Prince cleared his throat awkwardly. "Well, you fell asleep."

"I figured out that much."

"Yes, but..." The blush working its way up to his ears limited his thought process. "Yes, but you also fell sideways and... you leaned on my shoulder."

Anxiety nodded curtly. "Ah. Okay. I'm sorry then, I suppose."

Shrugging his shoulders, Prince attempted to give him a charming smile to regain his heroic status. "Don't you fret, my dear emo nightmare! I understand that I am a very comfortable pillow, and I'm flattered that you would choose my shoulder to lean on."

Well, that isn't what he had meant to say.

Despite this, the slightly flustered expression on Anxiety's face made him rethink how terrible it was for him to say that. He enjoyed watching the embarrassment flicker in those golden eyes for a split second before he crossed his arms and huffed. "Whatever, Sir Sing-a-Lot."

As he stood up to make his way back to his space, Anxiety scratched the back of his head and yawned. Roman chewed his lower lip and quickly lifted his gaze to look back at the darker trait. "Hey, hot-topic?"

Eyes narrowing for a split second in confusion, probably at the use of the nickname, Anxiety hummed a reply, encouraging him to continue. Prince smiled a genuine soft smile and he felt his own cheeks heating up gradually. "You look cute when you're so sleepy."

This time, Anxiety's eyes widened for around ten seconds before a light shade of red soaked into his cheeks. "Although I know you're probably just messing with me..."

Before Prince could retort, Anxiety displayed a small smile. "Thanks, Roman."

And then he was gone.

The fluttery feeling Prince had got from the shy smile of his companion remained though. And the warmth in his face didn't quite fade away for another five minutes. He was an expert on romance and... he was certainly getting a romantic vibe from their conversation.

Could he possibly...?

Those thoughts could wait until later. First, he needed to round up his fellow traits and sink into Thomas' mind. But this was something he was definitely come back to. Something he was going to make a mental note of for future reference was that Anxiety was a cuddler, for better or for worse.

Quite honestly, Prince would say it was for the better.
________________________
So, I have no idea if this was good or if that last sentence made sense. Most of this was written at 3-4AM, so I had to quickly edit it before posting. Sorry it's so late and I hope none of them are out of character! Once again, feel free to send prompts!