Always There

Pairing(s): Platonic Moxiety

Warnings: Swearing and violence

Prompt: "Talk shit, get hit."
________________________
Anxiety felt his entire body tense up as he heard Logic and Prince once again, ganging up on Morality. He watched cautiously as they told him that he wasn't being helpful, or bringing any useful advice to the conversation. Prince explained that the paternal trait should just leave all of the decision making to him and Logic.

"I don't mean to be a bother, I just want to help." Morality pouted, barely lifting his gaze to look at them.

Thomas was clearly uncomfortable with how his moral side was being treated, but he didn't know how to intercept and help him. Rolling his eyes, Prince crossed his arms and condescendingly stared at Morality as he shrunk smaller to try and hide from their judgemental words. "You never do, Morality, but you can be sometimes. And don't try helping, you won't be of any use in this situation."

Even Logic froze up at the regal traits words. Anxiety felt his blood boiling as his uncertain expression was replaced with one of fury and disbelief. Morality was crying. Prince had actually managed to cause the salty droplets to trail down the cheeks of the sun, slowly dampening its light.

"Princey."

The royal trait hadn't even noticed the damage he had caused. He looked up at the darkly dressed trait casually and hummed in response. "Yes?"

Anxiety's eyes filled with rage as he picked up a Harry Potter book and growled at him. "Talk shit, get hit."

Soon, a bruise appeared as evidence that Prince had gone too far. That he had spoken words of ice, which transcended all laws of physics, overwhelming the warmth and light of one of the kindest people Anxiety knew. And he had paid for it.

After the book had been thrown, everyone stared at the snarky trait in astonishment. Morality sniffled and wiped his eyes, not expecting the dark trait to place a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Ignore him, he doesn't know what he's saying. You're cool, alright?"

Even as he smiled gratefully down at the awkward trait, Morality mumbled to him that 'violence was never the answer' and that he should 'watch his language'. Anxiety snickered and stepped away from him, standing by the staircase once again.

As Prince stood back up, he clutched his left eye and cheek, hissing in pain. "What did you do that for?! You've ruined my beautiful face."

"Yeah, well you ruined Morality's mood. Not that you even freaking noticed."

With a confused raised eyebrow, the older trait glanced over to see Logic passing Morality tissues so that he could wipe away his excess tears. "Oh..."

Prince immediately bowed. "I apologise greatly, Morality! What I said was completely disrespectful, and I was incorrect."

Shrugging his shoulders loosely, the parental trait offered a hug to Prince, who accepted it, and both silently let out what emotions they needed to before letting go.

Logic also apologised and the atmosphere became less tense. Chuckling weakly, Morality gazed at them all. "I'm sorry if I've been a burden today... Wow, we're all apologising, huh? It's almost as if we are all 'apologenetic'."

No, it didn't make too much sense since they weren't really related. However, nobody commented on that. They all simply groaned in irritation as Morality giggled louder.
________________________
Later on, when everyone had sunk back into the mindscape, Anxiety made his way to the kitchen where Morality followed him.

"Hey, kiddo?"

The darkly dressed trait hummed and turned to face him, only to be greeted with a clear sky of blue and the sun's warmth wrapping around him.

He felt his cheeks heating up in embarrassment as the cold plastic of Morality's glasses poked his head, and his chest becoming lighter as his arms tightened around his shoulders. "Dad, what are you doing?!"

"I know that you aren't always one for physical contact, kiddo, but I just wanted to show how much I appreciate you. What you did for me today was wonderful, and I can't thank you enough for it." Morality's soft voice played like a melody in his ears, a lullaby that could relax his body in less than ten seconds. "I love you very much, Anxiety, like my own son."

Those words caused his voice to disappear, and his arms moved on their own accord. The embrace of the sun was warm, as expected, but also provided a cool relief to Anxiety's insecurities. He pulled that comfort closer and buried his face into the sky, hoping to land on clouds of slumber and to glide with creatures of make-believe. Reality could wait for a while.

"Ditto, dad."
________________________
Hi! I enjoyed writing this because their friendship/dad and son relationship is adorable!
Thanks to SarcasticSnake for requesting this!

Will be taking requests soon because I'm nearly done hehe!