Purpose

Pairing(s): Prinxiety

Warnings: None

Prompt: "Next!"
________________________
So far, it had been a very long, very exhausting, and a very unsuccessful evening.

Roman had been sitting in the same throne for over four hours! He cursed his parents for organising this event because although he wanted to meet his true love, this was not the way to do it.

A bunch of stuck-up members of differing royal families were much less entertaining, or even kind, than he had been expecting. Then again, what had he been expecting?

This one prince had been sharing their selfish and unrealistic ideas of a perfect kingdom with him for around an hour. These brilliant ideas included raising taxes to the point where the poor couldn't afford to live there anymore. However, this would merely increase the percentage of homeless people, which would cause quite a bit of chaos to stir. Roman couldn't take it anymore.

"Next!"

Raising his eyebrows in surprise, the ignorant prince crossed his arms. "Why are you sending me away?"

Roman sighed. "Your ideas are nonsensical and rather cruel, so I would rather not listen to them anymore."

As he was escorted out, the prince glared back at Roman, causing him to roll his eyes.

Resting his elbow on the glimmering armrest of his throne, the exhausted man held up his chin with his hand. He yawned and there was an agonising crushing sensation on his chest. This entire event was making him feel hopeless, an emotion he was not used to in the slightest.

Luckily, his assistant and closest friend Patton was there to bring his mood back up. "Don't worry too much, your highness! I'm sure there is a prince or princess out there just for you."

"How can you be so sure?"

Patton smiled warmly. "You're wonderful, and there is someone out there for everyone. Isn't that what you have always believe?"

These words lifted the weight from his chest ever-so-slightly, and Roman couldn't hide his smile as he clasped Patton's hand in his tightly. "Thank you, my dearest friend."

Giggling lightly at the way he was addressed, Patton squeezed his hand back as the next participant of this event was called through. The next person to come was apparently the last, which relieved Roman greatly. Although Patton had eased his nerves, he still simply wanted to relax in his chambers for the rest of the night.

"Sir, didn't I tell you not to wear such dark attire?"

A male voice spoke calmly in a rather uncaring tone, and could be heard through the crack between the two large doors, and then another slightly scratchier voice replied. "I don't care. It's not like I want to be here."

Despite feeling slightly offended by their words, Roman had to stifle a smirk. He decided that this particular person would be rather interesting. The gigantic wooden doors opened and creaked loudly as they did so, Roman cringed before glancing up.

He was beautiful.

Roman felt his breath hitch as a darkly dressed man entered the room. His hair was brushed to the side and although his attire was formal and neat, it was actually quite unique. The skin underneath his eyes was covered in dark eyeshadow, how strangely attractive. What caused Roman to freeze up completely however, was when their eyes locked for the first time.