Playing Pretend

Pairing(s): Prinxiety and implied Logicality

Warnings: Strong language, fighting/arguing, mention of war, mention of fighting in the army, mention of death, and mention of anxiety disorder/panic attacks

Let's see if you can spot different TV references in this!
________________________
"Mom-"

"We need to meet him! I bet he's cute. Oo, is he taller than you? Well, that doesn't matter. Oh, he just sounds wonderful!"

Virgil bit his tongue as he watched his mother, Gracie, bounce on the heels of her feet in excitement. He had simply mentioned Roman, a guy who works at the same coffee shop as him, and accidentally made him seem like his significant other.

How he had done so was beyond him.

Despite desperately wanting to tell his mother that Roman wasn't even a friend, and that he was actually a giant jackass, it had been a while since he had seen her so happy. She hadn't been... Not since his second mother, Cindy, had passed away.

They had been so in love, but when Gracie had gotten the phone call informing her that Cindy had been killed in Afghanistan... everything had gone to chaos.

She wanted Virgil to be happy, he knew that. And as much as he didn't want to lie to her, he felt his heart warm up at the sight of excitement.

Oh boy. What was he going to do?
________________________

Virgil's mother was visiting for the week to stay for Christmas, and she wanted to meet his boyfriend, Roman. The only catch being... Virgil didn't have a boyfriend. And Roman was his sworn enemy.

As he made his way into the living room, he heard a familiar voice cry out dramatically.

"Oh, what are you doing here? The sun is still up!"

Rolling his eyes, Virgil tied an apron around his waist, looping the top of it around his neck. "Implying that I'm a vampire? Very funny, asshole."

"Well, if you explain the joke it isn't." Roman smirked and wiped down one of the counters in the back, humming some stupid little song under his breath.

The shop was too warm, but Virgil absolutely refused to take off his jacket, considering his old one was used by Roman to clean the kitchen floors. Such a freaking-

"I know I'm beautiful, but do you really have to stare?"

He had zoned out and ended up staring at Roman in a rather creepy fashion. "Why the hell would I want to look at you for longer than I have to?"

Roman grinned. "Maybe you're simply jealous?"

"Jealous?"

"Whilst you look like you just stepped out of a black and white horror movie, I take pride in my glowing skin and rainbow personality!"

Rainbow personality? What even was that? Well, Virgil could think of a meaning, but he decided to simply roll his eyes and turn to take a jar filled with packets of cream out of the cupboard. "I wouldn't take too much pride in that, Princey. You look like you belong in one of those shitty Disney movies."

Gasping dramatically, the horrified barista pointed a finger at him, his eyes shining with anger. "There are no bad Disney movies!"

Virgil smirked. "Oh really? I happen to remember a little sequel called-"

"Don't you fucking dare."

"-'Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World'."

As he groaned loudly in frustration, Roman took a few somewhat threatening steps towards him and frowned deeply. "You are infuriating! Although I shouldn't really be surprised that a monster like you dislikes Disney."