Brave

Pairing(s): Platonic Moxiety

Warnings: Panic attack

LiterallySatan666 requested Moxiety platonic fluff, so here you go! Once again, short but sweet! I have a oneshot in my drafts that will be long, promise.

Love y'all! Stay cute!
________________________
"Don't be nervous, kiddo. I promise we will take every precaution to keep Thomas safe, okay?"

Anxiety inhaled shakily and nodded, thanking the moral facet quietly before he sat on the couch in the common room and curled up, holding his phone and sticking on his headphones.

The host laughed at a joke one of his friends had told him and stepped sideways, only to bump into a rather angry man, who immediately began to yell profanities at him before storming off. People started to stare awkwardly at Thomas, most clearly feeling sympathetic towards him as his friend led him to the kitchen, the opposite direction to where the man had gone.

Quickly noticing Anxiety's incoming panic attack, Morality grabbed his hand and shuffled closer to him. "Kiddo? Listen to me, you did absolutely nothing wrong. That man was just being mean."

Breathing was beginning to burn, and not even the warmth of Morality's hand could stop his blood from running cold. He chewed his bottom lip and bit back tears, trying desperately to keep himself grounded. But none of his usual techniques were working!

"Virgil, nobody is laughing at you, and you haven't ruined anybody else's night." Morality told him, firmly but kindly.

'Focus on Patton. Just focus on Patton.'

Soon enough, the fingers wading through his hair and the arm wrapped around his shoulders managed to bring him back to reality. Prince and Logic eventually stepped into the common room and joined in, telling Anxiety what he needed to hear before leaving Morality to comfort him at his gently worded request.

It took another minute for Anxiety to calm down enough to speak. But when he did, Morality didn't like what he was hearing. "I'm... I'm sorry for being so-"

"Don't you apologise, Virgil." Morality demanded in fatherly tone, squeezing the younger facet a little tighter. "You aren't weak. You aren't at fault. And you aren't pathetic. Do you want to know what you are?"

He paused for a moment before pulling away and cupping his friend's face in his hands. "You are so brave. So, so, so brave. And I am extremely proud of you for holding it together so well, even through something as cruel as that."

Anxiety suppressed a shy smile and averted his gaze. "You think that was holding it together? And why would he... do that?"

"I'm not sure, kiddo. Maybe he was having a bad day, or perhaps he was slightly intoxicated? Also, yes, that was holding it together. You did so well."

So many words he wanted to say. So little confidence to do so. Instead of saying anything, he offered the older trait a grateful smile before leaning into another embrace.

Morality smiled and pressed a kiss to the crown of his head. "I love you, kiddo."

With a silent sharp intake of breath, Anxiety stumbled over his words for a few seconds. But Morality giggled heartily and shook his head, rubbing his back softly. "It's okay. It's an understood thing."

Anxiety smiled warmly and dug his head into Morality's shoulder. "Yeah..."

One day, he'd become brave enough to say it to him, to all of them. But for now, it was an understood thing. And that was okay.

Because he was still brave in his own way.