The Gift: Part Three

Pairing(s): Unrequited Prinxiety, Logicality, and platonic Moxiety

Warnings: Mention of rejection, strong language, and fighting/arguing

Prompt: "I am not the one you want for this job."

Last Chapter:
He was so lost. How would he fix what he had done? Unintentionally, of course. His self-confidence slipped as he realised that he had been oblivious to Anxiety's feelings for over two years. He scolded himself as he slid down his bedroom door.

A real hero would never break so easily.
________________________
One month later, and life had gone back to normal. Kind of.

Prince and Anxiety skirted around each other, and their 'banter' was strained. Of course, Prince had attempted to bring up the topic with Anxiety multiple times, but the darker persona would always flip him off and trudge back to his room.

Everyone had noticed how Anxiety had distanced himself. He barely conversed with any of them, and was rarely ever seen out of his room. Morality had made several attempts to spend time with him, but Anxiety always had some sort of excuse to get out of it.

Even Logic was beginning to worry about him.

Thomas had been informed about the situation, and as the host, he has tried summoning Anxiety so they could talk about it themselves. However, whenever he was summoned, Anxiety would simply sink back out again.

It was starting to look hopeless.
________________________
There was one morning, just one, where Prince decided that he would enter Anxiety's room. No matter how it affected him.

As he took in his surroundings, the royal trait noticed that his room was covered in cobwebs. Did he ever clean?

"Get out of my room, idiot." A gruff voice spoke to him.

Sighing softly, Prince clasped his hands together and shook his head, his teeth chewing down on his bottom lip nervously. "I'm afraid I cannot do that."

Anxiety pulled his hood over his head and crossed his arms, not quite meeting the older trait's gaze. He did not give a verbal reply, only sitting on the third to last step on his stairs and sighing loudly.

With a determined nod, the confident man stood up straight and felt his heart speed up as he looked at his dark companion. Nervousness. Something he wasn't too familiar with. "Anxiety, I would like to talk to you about your-"

"Princey, shut up."

"-apparent romantic feelings for me, and how I have failed in acknowledging them for the last two years. I should have noticed it sooner, and I apologise deeply for not doing so."

Rolling his tongue in order to push down the lump in his throat, the younger man leaned against the wooden banister. He found that it was rather difficult to speak without revealing his conflicted emotions, therefore, he simply shrugged.

Prince couldn't stop the sinking of his heart at the lack of reply. "Please, don't push us away. I know we have never been very close, but Patton and Logan have both noticed the absence of contact between the three of you."

The fanciful side immediately took note of the way his opposite flinched at the mention of Morality. They had truly gotten close.