You Will Be Found

Pairing(s): Platonic PolySanders

Warnings: Implied depression and self-deprecation

This wasn't a request, once again. I'm sorry! I just realised how much this song could relate to the video. Obviously for different reasons, but you know!
________________________
It was over. He couldn't burden them anymore.

Anxiety sat in his room, trying to ignore the crushing weight pushing down on his chest. This was for the best. Like a mantra, he played that through his mind. Nobody wanted him, therefore, it was better if he just stayed in his own space. That way, he wouldn't be hurting anyone.

There weren't even occasional ticks of the clock to fill the silence. Where he was, time was an illusion. Time didn't exist, so he had no idea when a day would pass, or even when a week had passed.

Have you ever felt like you could disappear?

It didn't matter anyway. They wouldn't even notice that he was gone.

His presence scared them. Thomas and the others were afraid of him. And Anxiety didn't want that, not at all. He wanted to help somehow, and he only wished to protect Thomas. How could he do that if they didn't even want him around? After an hour or two of pondering over his nervous thoughts, he decided that not being there at all would be the best method of protection. Not doing his job at all would protect him.

He wasn't important. He didn't matter.

This was for the best.

Like you could fall, and no one would hear.

He was being sucked into a void. An endless pit that forcefully removed any hope, any light that may have resided inside of him. There was nothing left to guide him. Nothing to convince him that he meant something. He had lost any self-confidence that he had. Voices that spoke words of reassurance had dulled into whispers. They poured venomous words into his ears that burned out any thought that stilled his fall, or raised him.

Anxiety didn't even have the strength to turn on his music. No tune or melody could catch him. His fall was inevitable, and it would never end. There was nothing he could do to stop it either. A chocolate gaze could not see through blurry vision. He could see no ledges; below him, he could not spot a single branch that could stop him; beside him, he could not identify a crack to grasp.

There was nothing left.

Around him, there was no noise. His room was filled with nothing that could break through the quiet. Yet, it was so loud. The wind rushing around him was so loud. It wrapped around him in an icy grip, but did not attempt to save him. Instead, it drowned out his cries for help, replacing them with short breaths and dry lips. It focused his eye on what could have been, what would have been, if he had not stepped too close to the edge. If he had just stayed in his place, not bothering the other traits. If he had simply left Thomas alone.

Then, there was noise.

Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay.

It was another voice, but it didn't sound threatening. The voice sounded joyful and bouncy, like floating bubbles. Familiar, almost.

Suddenly, there was another. And then, another. Another. Each of them were the same, and yet, they sounded so different. Drunk. Moderate. Emotional. Articulate.

He knew them. Their names danced around on the walls, as if to tease him. Why would they be in his room? They were needed. Thomas needed them.

A voice spoke his name. Thomas? Why would Thomas be there?! He was supposed to stay away from his fears, his worries, his anxiety!