Emergency Room

Pairing(s): PolySanders

Warnings: Strong language, panic attack, mention of hospitals, mention of horror movies/supernatural, mention of germs/germaphobia, mention of death, and mention of medication

This was requested by @Vanillarose55
You requested an angsty story about a sick Logan, it's not quite the serious illness you asked for, but it's an angst sick fic?

I hope you enjoy it!
________________________
Red.
Green.
Green.
Orange
Yellow.

Logan desperately named colours of objects he could see as he stared around the waiting room of the hospital. It was important for him to ground himself.

It's not that he was there for any life-threatening reason, but hospitals always made him nervous. Although he would never understand why. He wasn't a germaphobe, so germs didn't bother him.

What did unnerve him about hospitals?

As he allowed his gaze to wander around the pale room once again, he peered down a dark corridor, where the devil was surely lurking. Had horror movies instilled a fear of hospitals in him?

He turned away. No, that wasn't it. Luckily, Logan was the type of sceptic that could easily separate the realistic from the unrealistic, or supernatural. Therefore, it didn't scare him.

Once again, he continued to look around, searching for some sort of answer. Why was he so afraid of hospitals?

Logically, they were extremely safe environments, with professionals whose jobs were to protect and heal clients. So, what was there to be afraid of?

His eyes froze on a bright red sign that read 'EMERGENCY ROOM'.

Suddenly, his stomach dropped into his legs, numbing them. His heart pumped the blood faster through his veins, and his brain became fuzzy, causing all of his thoughts to blur together into one lump of fear that he attempted to swallow.

His eyelids stung and he clenched his hands into fists in an attempt to stop them from trembling so violently.

Ah. So that was it.

"Logan Sanders?"

A tired, but cheerful voice called his name from the door to his right. After a moment of deep breathing, he stood up and stumbled towards the exhausted nurse, smiling at her as he passed.

He stepped into a small room where a man wearing a green, striped tie and a brown cotton jacket sat at a desk waiting for him.

With a practiced smile, the man leaned forward and held out a hand. "Hello, Mr Sanders. I am Doctor Grey."

Almost immediately after hearing the doctors name, Logan's brain reminded him to tell a certain creative friend of his later, whose most hated movie of all time was 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. Roman was going to go completely insane.

"Good evening, Doctor." Logan spoke in a reasonably monotone voice, merely saying what he had been rehearsing in his mind for the past hour and a half. "I'm here because I have an extreme pain running through my right leg. I could faintly feel it at around 9AM this morning, but as the day progressed, it got much worse."

As he continued to explain his issue to the doctor, Logan felt a shiver rush through him, causing goosebumps to raise along his arms and back.

He really hated hospitals.

________________________

After a short while, the doctor confirmed that it was a trapped nerve causing the pain in his leg, and that he would be prescribed medication to help with the pain until the nerve managed to free itself.