I Can't Believe You

Pairing(s): Platonic or romantic Moxiety

Warnings: None (I don't think)

Prompt: You know this is your fault."

"You're the one who took the dog!"
________________________
How did Anxiety manage to get himself into these situations?

He would never know.
________________________
Morality and he had been in a conversation about dogs, for some reason, and suddenly they were summoned by Thomas.

"Morality, stop thinking about dogs. I can't concentrate on my work." The stressed man pleaded, pulling on his light hair stressfully.

Anxiety blinked and raised an eyebrow at the paternal trait, watching as a nervous grin appeared on his face.

"I'm sorry, kiddo! I just really like dogs!" The childish trait exclaimed, almost as dramatically as Prince, clasping his hands together and gazing up dreamily.

Thomas chuckled and nodded, glancing at his phone screen quickly when it sounded a small 'ping' to signify that he had received a message . "Yes, I know you do...so don't freak out."

Before either trait could ask what he meant, a curt knock sounded at the door. Anxiety and Morality both watched, intrigued, as Thomas opened the door to let his friend Talyn inside.

A little furry friend trotted alongside them.

The darkly dressed side stepped backwards to hide on the staircase as Morality's confused expression contorted into one of pure delight. He screamed in joy and rushed up to the small border collie puppy, kneeling in front of it and waving. "Hello! I love you, puppy!"

Talyn chuckled and Thomas rolled his eyes fondly, both amused at the parental traits antics. The puppy nipped at his face and pounced on him, licking his cheeks and forehead. Morality giggly wildly, flailing about it complete exuberance. Even Anxiety had to admit that it was kind of cute.

"Alright, Tilly, get down!" Thomas ordered, pulling the dog gently off of the bubbly trait.

Letting out excess giggles, Morality sat up and wiped the saliva off of his face. Talyn managed to shut the door eventually, clipping the lead off of Tilly's collar, and allowing her to run around the house.

Anxiety, of course, had to do his job, so he spoke up. "Aren't you worried about his wreaking havoc and breaking something? I mean, you don't want Talyn's dog to get hurt do you?"

"Actually, she's my dog. Talyn was only dropping her off because I couldn't collect her from the shelter." Thomas paused, allowing Morality to release his squeals of excitement. "She's actually two years old, and her last owner left her on the street, so I wanted to try and give her a better chance at life."

Anxiety's eyes widened and he crossed his arms, stifling a smile as Morality lay on the floor and slid on his stomach towards the dog in a strange sort of crawl. Tilly barked in enthusiasm, attacking the caring trait with affection before hesitantly tiptoeing over to Anxiety, who closed in on himself uncomfortably. He didn't appreciate the attention being on him.

As Tilly sniffed at his hoodie sleeve, he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uh, hey there... dog."

Talyn snorted and watched Tilly as she instantly jumped up at Anxiety, nipping at his hands and licking his face as she climbed onto his lap. The melancholy trait smiled a genuine smile as he petted the dogs head and back. "Woah! You're a little boisterous aren't you?"