Changes

Pairing(s): Prinxiety and platonic PolySanders

Warnings: Guilt, regret, implied heartbreak, and just a lot of angst

Once again, not a request. Sorry! I will write one soon! Also, StarOfLightning and I were talking about this prompt and we both decided to have a go at it. So go read hers too!
________________________
Anxiety hadn't been seen in a while, and the others were starting to worry. Had they done something wrong? Or, was he simply having a bad day?

Or... week, perhaps?

Biting his lip nervously, Prince tapped his fingers against the dinner table, creating a rhythm to a song of frustration. His vision was blurred with doubt as he zone out, staring at Morality as he grilled burgers on the stove.

The moral trait didn't notice his friends gaze until he turned around to set out a few plates. Jumping in surprise, Morality gasped sharply and held his oven gloves to his chest. "Roman? Is something wrong, kiddo?"

Prince's eyes blinked rapidly as he was snapped out of his daydream by Morality's voice. "Oh. No- Well, yes."

With a sympathetic gaze, the paternal facet hummed softly and sat down at the table with him, glad that the bacon had finished cooking a while ago. "What's bothering you?"

Prince shrugged meekly. "Virgil has been absent for a week and has given no explanation as to why; it is very disconcerting."

"Well, why don't you go and see him? You'll be fine as long as you don't stay in there for too long." Morality suggested kindly, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

After a moment or two of pondering, the royal nodded, standing up and wiping his pants before sinking down. Morality sat there as he left, trying to ignore the dread flooding through his stomach.
________________________
"Parabore? Why haven't we seen you for so long?" Prince called out, scanning the living room and finding his darkly dressed companion laying on the couch, watching the screen of his phone intensely and listening through earbuds.

Rolling his eyes, the creative facet ambled over to him and ripped out one of his earbuds, thinking he was listening to his dreary music again. "Come on, why haven't we-"

Abruptly, he cut himself off when his eyes slid to his phone screen.

"Oh." He mumbled weakly.

On the screen was Prince, and underneath his face was a caption saying, 'Shouldn't a lack of fear be a good thing?'

The video had been paused, and Anxiety had simply been staring at the picture, his eyes empty of everything except a bleary chocolate brown. Immediately understanding the situation, Prince opened his mouth to explain himself. "Virgil, I wasn't- I mean, we weren't very- You and I-"

"I wondered that a lot too."

Prince froze. He wanted to speak, to say exactly the right words to soothe his friend and convince him that those words meant nothing, but before he could, the video began to play again.

He winced at the harsh words he had spoken about Anxiety, unable to bear hearing them himself.

Lifting his hand, he quickly snatched the phone out of Anxiety's hand and pressed the 'home' button. The darker trait flinched slightly at the sudden movement, but otherwise did nothing.