The Gift: Part Four

Pairing(s): Logicality, Unrequited Prinxiety, platonic Logince, and platonic Moxiety

Warnings: Mention of rejection, heartbreak, and guilt
________________________
It was a month after Anxiety ducked out when Prince asked to speak with him.

The thought of losing him because of everything that had happened between them had shook him to his core. What would have happened if Anxiety didn't decide to come back? How could he have ever made it up to the others?

How could he have ever made it up to Thomas?

The two traits entered the common room alone, having asked the other two for some privacy. And although Morality was still rather protective over Anxiety, he allowed them to have their conversation.

It was silent until the darker facet cleared his throat awkwardly. "So... What did you want to talk to me about?"

Of course, he already knew, but he didn't want to be the one to bring it up.

"An- Virgil," Prince started weakly, "I cannot apologise enough for what I've done to you in the past."

Bowing respectfully, the royal trait willed away the tears welling in his eyes. "I am truly sorry."

For a few moments, the two of them were silent. Soon however, Anxiety felt his lungs deflate, releasing all of the pent up hurt he had inside of him. "Princey, I've forgive you already. It's water under the bridge, and it isn't like I've been very nice to you either-"

"No." Prince cut him off sharply, standing up and meeting his gaze. "I meant... That apology was for not noticing sooner, and for hurting you so badly."

Anxiety hated apologies, and he especially hated them when they weren't exactly needed. Sure, Prince's rejection wasn't exactly the kindest, but it could have been a lot worse. And it wasn't his fault that he didn't return Anxiety's feelings. "Please, don't apologise."

Raising an eyebrow, Prince placed a hand on his hip. "Why not?"

"It's not your fault that you don't feel the same way. In fact, it's my fault for falling for you in the first place." Anxiety told him quietly, pulling the sleeves of his hoodie over his hands and averting his gaze. "I knew it wouldn't end well and I still..."

Prince shook his head vigorously. "No, no, no! You can't control who you fall for, Virgil. Please, don't blame yourself."

Sighing softly, Anxiety nodded and offered him a weak smile. "Alright."
________________________
Later that night, Logic and Morality were sitting in the common room when they heard almost silent whimpers sounding from Anxiety's room. The paternal figure immediately stood up and rushed to find him.

Logic sat there unmoving for a moment before making his way to Prince's room.

When he arrived, he crossed his arms and shot a glare at him. "What did you do?"

"I apologised."

Prince sent him a sorrowful glance before laying back on the sofa, throwing an arm over his face, and sighing. "I feel terrible."

His gaze growing more sympathetic, Logic mirrored his sigh and moved towards him, pushing his legs so he could sit beside him. "There is nothing else you can do, Roman."

"Gosh, I want to help him!"

Logic lowered his gaze sadly. "I know."

Pushing himself up into a sitting position, the creative trait looked at Logic with such pain in his eyes that it was almost overwhelming. "If I try to get along with him, do you think that his feelings for me will increase?"

"Unfortunately," Logic started solemnly, "if he managed to develop romantic feelings for you whilst you mistreated each other, then I would think so."

Prince sighed, and wiped away tears of frustration. "I don't want to lead him on, but I don't want things to go back to how they were before! Goodness, what am I supposed to do?"

"You get along with him, and no matter what happens, it isn't your fault." Logic told him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Biting his lower lip so hard that he almost broke the skin, the royal facet placed one of his hands over Logic's and looked down at the ground sadly. "I know... but I don't want to hurt him anymore."

Logic could tell that he was going to continue, so he simply made himself comfortable and prepared himself to support his friend. Emotions were not his forte, no, but he would always try if it meant that his friends maintained good mental health.

"For so long I have misjudged him, insulted him, purposely hurt him, excluded him, and caused him agonising pain. And to add onto that, he has held romantic feelings for me, his apparent sworn enemy for two years! Two. Years." Prince brushed his hands through his hair as tears spilled over his cheeks.

Pulling at the purple strands, he swallowed the lump in his throat. "I am the creative trait, and yet I cannot even imagine how painful that must have been. Little did know that every insult, every verbal attack, and every single time I banished him away to his room were more savage blows to his heart!"

Logic despised the dramatic wording, but knew that he was right, so he refused to reply, merely patting his shoulder.

With a choked sob, Prince pulled his legs to his chest. "I'm terrible. How can I call myself a prince, or a knight, if I can't even protect those that I need to?"

Now, Logic knew he was wrong. "Stop blaming yourself. You didn't know. Yes, your past relationship with Virgil has been complicated, but you have been give the chance to change and transform that relationship into whatever you'd like."

Raising his free arm, the logical trait turned Prince so that he was facing him and ducked his head so he could meet his eyes. "Roman. Look at me, please."

When Prince followed those instructions, he continued. "The past is the past, and it is unchangeable, but the future has not arrived yet. And so, it is up to you to mould it into whatever you want it to be."

"Logan, I know that you don't always feel comfortable with physical contact, but could I hug you?"

The serious trait couldn't help but be surprised by this question, looking at the broken form of his friend with uncertainty in his eyes. However, after a few seconds of debating his decision, he opened his arms for him.

Almost instantly, Prince lunged forwards and wrapped his arms around Logic's torso, feeling the younger man's arms worm around his shoulders. "Thank you, Nerd..."

As it was a term of endearment, Logic merely smiled and nodded. "Don't worry about it, Prince."
________________________
As soon as Morality reached the youngest traits room, he climbed the stairs leading to his bedroom and sat down beside the trait on the bed. "Kiddo, talk to me. Come on, I'm here."

Almost as if he weren't thinking about it, Anxiety leaned into Morality's embrace, curling up to his chest and sobbing brokenly.

Morality had to fight away tears of his own as he rubbed circles into the man's back. He wanted so badly to protect him from everything and everyone in the world, but he couldn't.

All he could do was ignore the wet patches soaking his shirt, and hold his child as tightly as he possibly could.

That is all he could do until the pain went away.
________________________
Hey! I'm sorry that this was shorter than the other parts, but I hope you enjoyed it still!

This isn't my contribution to my angst war with StarOfLightning but I hope I didn't disappoint with the angst.

Love y'all! Stay cute!