One Step At a Time

Pairing(s): Logicality, implied Prinxiety, platonic Analogical, and platonic Moxiety

Warnings: Masking of feelings, slight arguing, and crying (?)

I know this isn't a request, but I need to write something based after this emotional rollercoaster of a video. I hope you enjoy this!
________________________
Soft.

Morality's grin matched the feel of the cat hoodie that Logic had gotten him as he wrapped his arms around himself. Just reminding himself that it was from Logic caused his heart to skip and trip over a beat in his chest.

Then, it curled into a ball and began to weep as the moral trait remembered how he had snapped at him, and how Logic had left them in his room.

How excluded he must have felt. Much like Virgil did. He sighed sadly. If it wasn't one of them, it was another.

"Patton, 'you doing okay?"

Blinking a few times, Morality cleared his vision and looked up, smiling when he saw his dark strange son standing in front of him. A subtly concerned expression was etched into his face, and he had his hands shoved into the pockets of his new hoodie.

With a quick nod, Morality confirmed to him that he was alright. Anxiety hummed uncertainly and took a seat beside him on the sofa in the common room. "Really? It looks like you're about to start crying."

"Does it?" Morality asked, genuinely surprised as he lifted his hands to his eyes in order to wipe any tears away. "That's strange. I guess you could say it-"

"Patton."

Anxiety's voice was soft as he spoke, not enough to be inaudible, but enough to be unusual for him, which resulted in Morality's eyes beginning to well up with tears.

Desperately, he rubbed his eyes in an attempt to hide them, but Anxiety already knew. Of course he did.

The youngest trait sighed quietly. "I thought you said you were going to try not to mask how you feel with jokes?"

"Baby steps." Morality sniffled, internally scolding himself as more tears fell. "Darn it..."

Rather hesitantly, Anxiety pulled his hands away from his face and used the sleeve of his hoodie to wipe away the tears spilling down his cheeks. Morality smiled a watery smile at him, telling him what his voice wouldn't allow him to.

Biting the inside of his cheek in an attempt to hide a tiny bashful smile, Anxiety removed the man's glasses and cleaned them before placing them on the sofa beside him and wiping his eyes once again. "It's okay to cry. Healthy, even."

"I know, but I want to be strong for all of you." Morality sputtered as his throat closed up. "I managed to stop myself from crying today, so I can do that... more."

Anxiety shook his head immediately, turning the eldest traits head to meet his gaze. "You can't do that forever. And I know you think that just because you're the father figure, somehow means you have to carry the weight of everyone else's burdens, but you don't. That isn't healthy."

Once again sniffling quietly, Morality shrugged and tried to reach for his glasses, only to be stopped by Anxiety. Swallowing the lump in his throat, the paternal facet plastered on a smile and let out a fake chuckle- it couldn't even be described as a chuckle. "I don't know what else to do."

"Just..." Anxiety's hands rubbed his shoulders gently. "Let yourself be... yourself, I guess."

Morality furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"