It Will Pass

Pairing(s): Analogical

Warnings: Mention of abuse, bullying, and mention of police

Prompt: High school AU- Logic and Anxiety are close (boyfriends/best friends) but one day, Anxiety starts closing himself off a bit. Logic ignores it until he realises that Anxiety is closing himself off a little more each day. Once he finds out Anxiety is being bullied, he starts doing everything in his power to stop the bullying and get his lover/best friend back in his life.
________________________
Logan had been noticing a few things.

Not anything that would seem too awful to other people, but for him, these things were beginning to scare him. And it was rather difficult to scare him.

His best friend, and soulmate if they existed, Virgil was getting more and more distant and he had no clue as to why. Did Logan do something wrong? Or did Virgil simply dislike him just for who he was? Honestly, Logan wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. He could be (unintentionally) terrible sometimes.

The first difference in Virgil that Logan had noticed was the sudden lack of conversation on the bus to school, and whenever Virgil would speak, he would always frantically glance around the vehicle with those glowing mocha eyes of his. At first, Logan thought that he was using some strange method of cooling himself down; the bus had no air conditioning and was seemingly searing most of the time, as most of the students would complain about it. All Logan could think to do was chuckle lightly and ask why he was so suspicious of the usual uninteresting scenery around them. Virgil would always just smile back at him.

After around two weeks of this awkward and puzzling quiet, Logan was sat on the overcrowded school bus waiting for Virgil. However, when the oversized sauna arrived at his stop, it merely drove right past. Believing that this must have been some sort of mistake, Logan would look through the window out at the large sign reading 'BUS STOP' and hummed quietly in confusion. He grabbed his phone out of his back pocket and texted his friend, questioning him on if he was sick. There was no reply until he got to the school building. And when he found his friend, he found him with less makeup on and his hoodie covering most of his face. "Virgil, why didn't you join me on the bus this morning?"

Virgil shrugged sheepishly and looked up at him. "I'm... not getting the bus anymore."

This surprised Logan. Although Virgil would never admit it, he did love his parents, but they simply angered him at times. So voluntarily asking for them to transport him to school was unnerving and suspicious. Logan hummed curtly. "Why?"

"I just... hate most kids that go to this school."

Logan should have known. He should have known something was wrong when he said that! Unfortunately, Virgil was always like that, claiming to despise every human being on Earth. Whenever he did say those things, he would always smirk weakly and glare jokingly at him. He would then mumble, "Especially you."

Every time he did say that, it would sting a little bit.

Virgil didn't and would never know, but Logan had developed rather strong romantic feelings for him. And it was agonising! Especially when the darkly dressed boy would claim to loathe him, even if it was a joke most of the time.

When Virgil stopped turning up at school, Logan understood that something was seriously wrong. He knew for a fact that something was wrong, but did he say something? Anything? No! Of course he didn't! Why would he? He was a verbose coward with a pathetic little crush on his best friend!

Not even over text would Logan say anything about it, he would always ask if his friend was sick, but he always knew it wasn't even before the same response appeared on his screen. Over and over again like some sort of curse.